Profiles In History

micdavis

Master Member
Check this out.

I found this listing in a Profiles auction catalog. Read the description. Look at the painting.

PIHClip.jpg

Now look at the model I'm building.

vulture4.jpg

Apollo 13 dream sequence? No.

Andy Griffith cheesy TV show. Yes.

LOL

<div class='quotetop'>(micdavis @ Jun 18 2006, 05:21 PM) [snapback]1263403[/snapback]</div>
Check this out.

I found this listing in a Profiles auction catalog. Read the description. Look at the painting.

PIHClip.jpg

Now look at the model I'm building.

vulture4.jpg

Apollo 13 dream sequence? No.

Andy Griffith cheesy TV show. Yes.

LOL
[/b]

I remember that movie - didn't they run a salvage company and fly to the moon to pick up all the apollo crap that got left behind. IIRC the command module was from a cement mixer truck.

Silly rabbit - don't you remember that scene in Apollo 13 where Tom Hanks dreams about sending Andy Griffith to the moon in a cement mixer? :D

Well my memory may be clouded but I thought they had a hard time making/getting the fuel but heck wehn I was a kid I thought it was cool. Yeah Quest is probably inaccurate.

<div class='quotetop'>(SmilingOtter @ Jun 18 2006, 01:50 PM) [snapback]1263615[/snapback]</div>
Could that have been an in-joke on Ron Howard's part? He is Andy's "son" after all...
[/b]

Now that I would believe.

<div class='quotetop'>(SmilingOtter @ Jun 18 2006, 10:50 AM) [snapback]1263615[/snapback]</div>
Could that have been an in-joke on Ron Howard's part? He is Andy's "son" after all...
[/b]

Now that would be cool.

But that painting has been around way longer than Apollo 13. I remember it being in magazines and article about Salvage back when it was made.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back