Profiles Auction 44: Borg Suit, Flintlock etc

I may be wrong, but looking at these pieces again I think the head mix up may be down to Profiles. They have made mistakes before and if these pieces were delivered to them with the heads wrapped up seperately from the body then someone who didn't know could have put the wron head on for the photos. The Borg head is only on the mannequin for the photo and considering the Borg suit is complete with the correct feet and hands this must be a mistake. Plus they show the head next to a shot from the movie, though they have used main creature shots for different heads before.
When the auction pages are up I'm expecting to see a revision.

You'd think it was the most basic thing, but noooo..... "Let's see, we have one green head and one red head and one green body. I don't know which head goes on the green body".

Thought you guys might be interested in seeing these.

Lot 1182. HERO PROP ANTIQUE GUN GIVEN TO DANNY GLOVER BY THE
PREDATOR, ID BADGES, RUBEN BLADES’ HERO NECKLACE AND ORNATE
METAL VOODOO RITUAL KNIFE FROM PREDATOR 2. (TCF, 1990) A wonderful
collection of hero props from Predator 2 including an ornate prop
18th century flintlock pistol given to Danny Glover as a token by the elder
leader of the Predators after the final battle. Constructed of wood with
brass and metal detailing and features the plaque on the side engraved,
“Raphael Adolini 1715.” In addition, a pair of LA police badges, one
with wallet photo of Glover and Blades, Ruben Blades “Danny Archuleta”
hero choker necklace and hero ceremonial voodoo ritual knife wielded
by “Gold Tooth” featuring a polished aluminum blade, hand-carved and
painted handle and decorative leather scabbard. Measures 18 ½ in. long.
$8,000 – $12,000

predator_2_harrigan_items.jpg

Lot 1183. KEVIN PETER HALL “PREDATOR” SPEAR FROM PREDATOR 2. (TCF, 1990)
Impressive weapon of fiberglass spears with resin points mounted to a central spear
shaft with central biomechanical grip of foam latex. Wielded by Kevin Peter Hall
as the “Predator” as he rampages through Los Angeles and seen clearly on top of the
Eastern building when he lifts it towards the sky and draws down a bolt of lightning.
Completely hand-painted and detailed to resemble copper-colored metal, it measures
a full 95 in. tall! A couple of the spear points are broken off, but present and easily
repaired. $6,000 – $8,000

predator_2_spear.jpg

Lot 1184. ORIGINAL PREDATOR HEAD FROM PREDATOR 2. (TCF, 1990) One of the
most recognizable alien creatures in film history, this Predator mask is made of
foam latex and resin teeth, painted to the finest of detail, complete with dreadlocks
and adorned with different ornaments and detail. Measures 18 in. tall x
14 in. wide. $6,000 – $8,000

predator_2_head.jpg

1185. ORIGINAL PREDATOR COSTUME FROM PREDATOR 2. (TCF, 1990) This iconic trophy-hunting extraterrestrial is seen at the end of the
film when the Predators materialise and surround Danny Glover “Lt. Mike Harrigan” in the trophy room. It stands a full 80 in. tall (85 in. on
base). It features a foam latex mask, full body suit of foam latex backed with spandex and complete with trademark netting and gauze-wrapped
arms, feet, polyurethane gauntlets hand-painted with circuitry, shoulder armor, suede loin cloth, as well as accessories that adorn the costume.
It stands on a custom display base accented with pieces resembling human bones. Foam latex exhibits only slight cracks; otherwise, remarkable
condition. $20,000 – $30,000

predator_2_costume_1.jpg

predator_2_costume_2.jpg

Last edited:
Very interesting on the shot of the left bomb gauntlet. Note the red, green, blue, purple colors of the detail pieces. Never would have noticed that before if it wasn't for this picture. I am loving the reference photos of the RAM chest armor as well.

I think the P2 head on the BORG body is an animatronic mouth one. On the picture of the back side, if you zoom in you can see a wire coming out the middle of the back of the head and partway down the back there's a little silver box attached to the end of it. Larry's animatronic head (with eyes) also includes a little silver box at the end of a wire similar to this.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back