Profiles Auction 44: Borg Suit, Flintlock etc

Predian

I don't think this has been posted already, just got a tip off from a friend that the new Profiles in History catalog is available to download. Remember those hero props shown off on The Lair including the flintlock pisotl and Danny's necklace- all up for sale.
Then there is the Borg head being sold alone, followed by an amagamation of suit pieces on the Borg costume. A chest armour has been put on instead of the Vindicator armour and the gauntlets are wrong too... see what you think of this. The description says "as seen in the Predator ship" but this looks a bit of a mess to me like they are just trying to cash in on a full suit display.

profiles44.jpg

mismatch_suit.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
the prop collection looks cool necklace, pistol, badge...but that suit looks like a hot mess...

i like the "slight cracks" comment...

I wonder what happened to his armor. I just looked at it again, and I find it odd that they are selling the borg head alone but the full suit they are selling with what looks like a stunt P2

-Chris

For those sculpting a P2 mask, they give you the measurements right there: 18"x14"

That suit....random P2 mask, Borg body, 2 silver bomb gauntlets from Boar, the silver-ish chest armor could very likely be from Ram.

The average joe will just see a predsuit, not a mishmash of parts,and those cracks will spread if left untreated, and you'll have a mannequin with pred scraps, there just counting on people not realising

Wow this suit is in worse shape then the others we have seen. Humm time will tell when we see the other hunters.

id still bid for it

i think the lair should come together and buy all these suits to protect them from becoming like the one we know of stored away for no one to see

id still bid for it

i think the lair should come together and buy all these suits to protect them from becoming like the one we know of stored away for no one to see
Amen that is what I'm talking about have our own little Prop shop to admire and work around you know? Examine everything, take those designs, and see what come sout of them.

Amen that is what I'm talking about have our own little Prop shop to admire and work around you know? Examine everything, take those designs, and see what come sout of them.

In theory that would be a good idea but I don't think anyone would want to help pay for something they would never see because its in someone's house 1000's of miles away.

Yes. That's the same price range they had the Hippie mix-matched suit going for as well a few months ago. I never heard how much it actually sold for. Does anyone know?

With this particular auction, they should have listed the correct head with the body, and sold the P2 head separately instead of listing them as they did. This is the 3rd P2 suit I've seen them list in the last year, and all three have had mix-matched parts off of different bodies.

I may be wrong, but looking at these pieces again I think the head mix up may be down to Profiles. They have made mistakes before and if these pieces were delivered to them with the heads wrapped up seperately from the body then someone who didn't know could have put the wron head on for the photos. The Borg head is only on the mannequin for the photo and considering the Borg suit is complete with the correct feet and hands this must be a mistake. Plus they show the head next to a shot from the movie, though they have used main creature shots for different heads before.
When the auction pages are up I'm expecting to see a revision.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back