Profiles announces contest for Captain America auction.

Prop Store
Movie Prop Collectors, as many other media outlets, received this press release today from Profiles in History.

The release announces a contest ( 2 photos at site for those who wish to see them) being held at C2E2 and at Facebook where 2 lucky people can win a production made prop. A Captain America(carded and graded) comic book.

There will be one given away at the auction/C2E2 and one via entries from Profiles Facebook page.

I was given a photo last week from Fong Sam at Profiles, that hinted at what this contest was going to be.

This is the first time I have seen something like this at an auction, which is kind of cool.

PROFILES IN HISTORY
SET TO GIVE AWAY TWO
CAPTAIN AMERICA #1 PROP COMIC
BOOKS JUST BEFORE THE
CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER
AUCTION AT C2E2
AUCTION WILL BE HELD
IN CHICAGO ON APRIL 14

LOS ANGELES- April 2, 2012 – Profiles in History, run by Joe Maddalena, will be holding two separate raffles to give away two original prop Captain America Comics #1 made for the film production of Marvel Studios’ Captain America: The First Avenger. Each prop comic book has been certified and given a 9.4 grade by the Certified Guaranty Company (CGC). The comic book is pictured left. CGC is the first and most trusted independent, impartial, third-party grading service for collectible comic books.

One prop comic book will be raffled off at the Chicago Entertainment and Comic Expo (C2E2). For those not attending C2E2, Profiles will raffle off the other prop comic book via Facebook. Winners will be announced on April 14, at 5:30pm CDT, just before the Captain America: The First Avenger auction at 6pm CDT. Details for both contests are below.

The hero Captain America shield encased in “ice” resin, pictured below, will be part of the auction. The first time we ever see Captain America’s ultimate hero shield is in the opening scene of the film where an expedition of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents in the Arctic investigates the wreckage of the Suborbital Bomber. Entering the hull of the frozen ship, the explorers discover the iconic red, white and blue shield frozen solid in a block of ice. This prop is composed of a distressed, metallic Captain America shield suspended in a solid block of clear resin, a one-of-a-kind, significant piece. It is expected to fetch $4,000 – $6,000.

For images or more information about the auction, contact details are below.

Details for the contest:
At C2E2, fans will be able to pick up a raffle ticket at the Profiles in History booth (#609) starting Friday, April 13, 2012 at 10:00am. It is a one entry per person limit. Profiles will announce the winner on April 14 by random drawing at approximately 5:30pm CDT, just before the Captain America: The First Avenger Auction at 6pm in room S404abc at McCormick Place 2301 S. Lake Shore Dr., Chicago, IL 60616 .

Fans can enter the online raffle by visiting Profiles in History’s Facebook page (Profiles In History - Auction House, Consignment House - Calabasas, CA | Facebook), click on the “contest” tab and follow the on-screen instructions to fully complete and submit the entry form (a valid email address will be required). The raffle begins at 6:00 a.m. PDT on Monday, April 2, 2012 and ends at 3:30 pm PDT/5:30 pm CDT on Saturday, April 14, 2012. The winner of the online raffle will be selected by random drawing from all eligible entries on April 14, 2012. The winner will be notified by email and identified on Profiles in History’s website and Facebook page on April 16, 2012. The online raffle is also one entry per person.

No purchase is necessary for either raffles. Fans should go to Profiles in History’s website: Profiles in History - The nation's leading dealer in guaranteed-authentic original Hollywood memorabilia, historical autographs, letters, documents, vintage signed photographs and manuscripts. - PROFILES IN HISTORY or Facebook page: (Profiles In History - Auction House, Consignment House - Calabasas, CA | Facebook) for complete official rules.​

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

jax

Well it's over...I learned that I'm not good at pricing props...$190K for the CA costume PLUS $44K in fees. OUCH! Congrats!

But okay I get it, Hero suit. It's the smaller items that went for several $$$ that surprise me.

I got 1 of the items I wanted. Bucky POW costume

The deal of the Day in my opinion was the Taxi. It went for less than the Door (Shield)...

batboyme

200k thats amazing . it looked like an outstanding piece but 250k into a piece like that
must be more serious cap fans then I thought . If thats the only one that comes up for sale that
will help the value .

jax

haha yeah I was actually on the phone and it showed as a Floor bid. I was hoping for a Hydra-cycle.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

hydin

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Crap, I missed the auction. How much did the Iron Man 2 autopsy suit go for?

Chris

hydin

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Jesus H Christ.

Now I am completely pissed I didn't win that megamillions jackpot.

Eh, least it wasn't like 10k or something. That would at least be in the "Crap I could have sold a kidney!" range :lol

Thanks for the link! Gonna go check it out now :)
Chris

Prop Store