What does Matsuo owe you? (Problems with Matsuo)

Any updates, does anyone know what is going on?

I can provide a short update: still no pulse rifle at almost 22 months, but Matsu and I are in communication largely over Instagram and I'm still hopeful. He has a lot going on, so I try to pester him about once a month or so for an update and he hasn't yet failed to respond when I do so.

Recently, Matsu shared a photo of an updated casting for the pulse rifle shotgun/bottom part/under barrel GL (whatever you want to call it) and I think that it looks great...looking forward to sharing the full prop gun with you all when I receive it. Staying positive!

I'm also trying to not post too much publicly about those issues but mine is still not sent after more than a year but I'm still hoping as I can manage to get an answer one mail out of 3 that I send every two weeks. We will see.

PayPal only lets me go back to 8/2016 and I ordered a Pulse Rifle before then. He’s usually great about communication but he has been quiet with me for the last few months. I email him almost every month looking for an update. Nothing since May.

you'll probably be happy to hear that I received my order today finally, after 1 year and 1 month of wait. I'm also happy with what I received luckily. I coudnl't imagine how to deal with a complain if I wasn't happy with what I received, that would really have been too much for me.
I'm definitely not happy with the communication from Matt, dealing with that order was a nightmare and was my worst prop related experience but I'm happy that it's finally over and that Matt came through with my order despite my paypal protection gone for 7 months, I totally respect that and thank him for that.

I wish good luck for all the guys still waiting for their orders, I hope that you will also receive them and that you will also be happy with what you receive in the end.
cheers

I too msg him monthly. For an update. I started dialogue back in December of 2016. I know hes working on back orders, just not sure how long that list is. I'm patient and hes always consistent with updates. 3 years is a bit.

Figured I would add to this as well. I ordered a shroud set, barrel vent and stock January 2019.
I have had the same experiences as others seem to be having with the lack of replies to email and multiple/different excuses when I do get a reply. I had also asked for a refund at one point after being a couple months over due and was told he didn't have enough for a refund.

Last email was January this year saying he thought everything had been shipped and to remind him what I ordered so he could look for a shipping receipt, followed by mentioning he had some issues with blowing out a knee and had a power tool accident and has been on pain pills but should be getting things sorted "next week". That was back in January and I haven't heard from him since.
I also thought it was a bit odd early on that he kept wanting to just send a tracking number hoping it would be enough to ensure it was on it's way? I never really acknowledged that and never got any tracking number.

Currently at 19 months with no parts and no clue if I will ever get them.

It's been almost six years and I still have nothing from my order. I asked for a refund recently but never heard back. I'm out over a thousand dollars. This was my order:

Order Date - 8/15/14
SPAS cage & grip (cut & milled)
870 shotgun w/polished bolt (cut & deact.)
2x magazines w/aluminum bases (unpainted)
1x black resin grip for real Thompson
10x dummy rounds
Paid in full $930 on 8/15/14 PayPal

Order Date - 9/9/14
Aliens pulse rifle aluminum resin unpainted shrouds w/hardware
Paid in full (including shipping) $250.00 on 9/9/14 PayPal

I even gave him positive feedback on eBay being nice but he never shipped the resin shrouds. I have every single email communication over the past six years. Every year is just a repeat.

I gave Matt Worsdell ( Matsuo )$1300, some SD parts and all of the Spas parts to have a full metal deactivated M41 rifle built.
The year was 2007. I would email him regularly on the progress but he always had an excuse as to why it was not finished. He would often say that it was almost finished but in time I would see the pattern of his lies. He would say that a section was finished and then a year later say he was still working on that part. Long story short, about 10 years into the build he wrote me (After numerous requests for an update) and apologized for the wait and that it was "Never his intention to burn me". Again, he stated that he would finish it up. It has been almost 4 years since Matt last communicated with me.
Throughout the entire time, I never once posted anything negative about Matt and how long his build was taking. I watched as others post negatively and it seemed that their squeaky wheels were greased as many did receive their products. I refrained from negative posts as Matt shared with me some of the hardships he was experiencing in life and how it was grinding his production to a halt. Yet others seem to be receiving their orders.
I have saved every communication I have had with Matt. As I go through them chronologically, it is obvious that Matt was far less than truthful about the build. Downright deceitful. Matt took over $2000 in cash and parts from me and I have nothing to show for it except emails full of empty promises. The 14 years of staying hopeful of receiving what I commissioned has taken its toll on me. Matt, if you are still out there, please make this right and finish what you started.

Wow. What the hell is happening to our community?! Even the people who are supposed to be reliable are screwing people left and right. It’s like EFX and ANOVOS are just setting an example that we are all just following? This is sad. We really need a rating system and people to get banned on here if they’re not providing. Taking someone’s money and flying out of contact is deplorable. Especially in this day and age when communication is as simple as reaching for a phone. Lame.

This isnt 'NEW' (per se`).. this is a long standing known issue in the community.

(not that anyone shouldnt be able to comment... thats not my point.. just that this isnt a current scam/scammer running games)

This isnt 'NEW' (per se`).. this is a long standing known issue in the community.

(not that anyone shouldnt be able to comment... thats not my point.. just that this isnt a current scam/scammer running games)

I know. It just sucks. People get in over their head. Taking more work than they can keep up with. But I wish people would just be honest.

Taking more work than they can keep up with. But I wish people would just be honest.
I think that is the bulk of it.

Theses trusted sellers collect funds upfront, take on too much work, spend the money on personal things (as well as some supplies), and then they panic. They are behind, cannot afford to refund or buy more supplies to complete the run and they go silent. The more angry people get, they more distance they place between themselves and the site. They may even try to do another run elsewhere to get more upfront money to pay refunds on the first run, and maybe that works, or maybe they fall behind on both runs. Before we know it, they are behind on multiple items and disappear with thousands. Again, they had no bad intentions upfront, they just got in trouble and thought the best solution was to hide.

Not to call people out, but there is a seller here that tried to do a run of TFA trooper armor and it’s been over three years.

Personally, honesty and communication is key to all of this. Here, I’ve seen anyway, the more you communicate, the better the outcomes are.

Last edited:
Not to call people
Out, but there is a seller here that tried to do a run of TFA trooper armor and it’s been over three years.
Yep. And he actually came back and started refunding people. So he is actually resolving it. But I am not sure who will trust him on future runs.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back