What does Matsuo owe you? (Problems with Matsuo)

I just recently closed a deal with Matt for a bsg clamshell blaster prop kit, it took over a month and I finally had to request a refund and threaten a pp dispute to get my item.. in short, amazing world class prop work.... Needs to work on communication skills and fulfilling orders in a timely fashion.

I did get the item, and it's fantastic just was a lot of heartache.. I do like how his prices are very reasonable.

A month!? And here I've been waiting over a year. Still, reassuring to know it worked out. Thanks for sharing your experience.

yeah a month is a dream, it's been 8 months for me, 5 months with no news, then I started contacting him regularly and it was immediately ready to send, but since then it's been 3 months it went from ready to pack, to packed, and lastly ready for post pickup for more than a month. my last 2 mails are unanswered.
I know his personal life is hell but I really don't understand the way he his handling his business, it must add even more stress to his life, that's very weird.

Colour me lucky then.

Again, he's an absolute artist when it comes to the quality of his work, just maybe he needs to get a 3rd party or something to handle the shipping etc part of his work to free him up to focus on the creative/production aspects.

Better yet, get an apprentice and ramp production up that way. Matt could easily be doing this as a full time job given the quality of his products.

Last edited:
Boggles my mind that this thread is riddled with so many compliments!

Quality aside.. there is just no excuse for this behavior... many 'great' members with 'great' reps have fallen before him..

Question:

What is stopping him from being banned like others? past 'rep'? because 'sometimes' people get their orders/items?

What is it in this scenario that make this an exception to the rule/norm around here?

Doesnt seem like it would matter.. since looks like he prefers FB dealings..

Such a shame..

If memory serves Matt lives in part of the US that was just slammed with arctic weather and conditions. Unless his shop is temperature and humidity controlled the way he does moulding and casting I suspect wouldnt go as planned. Not only that but the materials in question are susceptible to the same conditions from the suppliers. Not making excuses for anyone or anything, these things are hardly ever taken into consideration.
And the broken thumb, some good thats what she said jokes in there somewhere.

Yeah, there is no valid excuse. I completely understand that attitude of wanted to write him off, and asking for him to be banned from the community, etc. It's very frustrating. But the reality is, he IS working through his orders and getting them filled. Just very slowly. His current workshop is climate controlled I do believe. It's a nice looking office/shop in an office park. I'm just not sure he's there very often.

Beyond his own medical stuff he cares for his daughter who has serious medical issues of her own. His Mom was also suffering serious medical issues for a few years and Matt was her only caregiver. She passed away recently, which in and of itself can derail a person. His wife tried to step in on the business end and help him with emails, and getting orders filled. That seemed to work out well. I believe that was short lived, and now she's working on her MBA and just helping him out now and then. And yeah, he broke his thumb.

I think Matt certainly needs somebody to field his emails, work with his customers, and make sure he's staying on task and meeting deadlines. He doesn't have that. So that's what you get if you want some of Matt's work. You have to wait a really long time.

My own experience with Matt, I had to wait for a few years just to get a couple sets of Wanted grips and compensators. But he was always honest with me when I emailed him and said "Hey, any progress on those grips?" he never promised me they were being packed and shipped. It was generally "They're on the list, I'll get to them as soon as I can." and he did.

There was a time on the RPF when we only had guys working out of the garage on nights and weekends, and they had thier kids helping out, and people didn't mind waiting a long time to get kits. It wasn't a big deal. It was only hobbyists around here, and people seemed to be cool with whatever the wait time was. Long before Etsy, and even Ebay were things. I recently had to wait several months to get a John Wick 2 (edit) kit. It took a long time.

Some people don't take a lot of time. I order from some folks who do 3D printing, and those guys are much quicker with the kits. Just the nature of the kind of work and artist you're ordering from.

I'm not saying Matt is right or wrong here. If he told you that your kit is shipping, and months later it hasn't arrived, that's not cool. Not at all. But, I don't believe it's because Matt is sitting around his shop doing nothing, I don't think he's ignoring anybody or intending to steal money and not deliver goods. That's what I mean, and I think that's why he hasn't been banned. But that is only my opinion. Take it as given please.

Last edited:
To be -clear- I am NOT asking for him (Matsucorp, Matsu, Matt) to be banned...

I have nothing against him... and have no dog in this fight.. :)

Also,....it seems your experience.. is not exactly the same as others? (saying its almost done.... then that changes.... then someone else gets an item after only a month..etc)

I am just curious, (as to me) this is a bit 'different' that others who have done similar things... so I was curious as to 'what the saving grace here' was/is?

What I'm gather is.. (that in your stance at least).. because he is still somewhat fullfilling orders that hes 'still in good graces'? (so to speak)

(which is fine).. maybe that IS the difference from other 'stories'.. :)

No, my experience is not the same. You're right. I need to add, I've worked with Matt professionally in the past. It was a long time ago, but he made some incredible leather holsters and belts for a set of prop guns I designed with Tim Bradstreet and I built for Vogster games "4 Horsemen of the Apocolypse".

This was many years ago, but it was a great collaboration. It was a few years after that collaberation that I ordered the grips and compensators from him. He didn't play favorites or anything.

Thanks for everyone's input here. Matsu and I are still communicating (now on a regular basis) via Instagram and fb messenger.

While there's still no progress on my order, everyone's faith (and similar stories) have reassured me the work WILL get done eventually, and that's really all I needed.

To xl97's point, the fact that his messaging struck me as inconsistent (i.e. going from "the parts are done and awaitng assembly" to "it hasn't even been started," to "there's someone in front of [me]", etc etc) is really the whole reason I felt the need to post on here. However, I suppose that can be a symptom of being overwhelmed and behind on orders. Either way, appreciate everyone's responses and private messages...I'm confident in Matsu and will keep everyone updated.

Sad, seems like this is his mode of operation. Take money, over promise, use money, no refund available, take more money, promise more, and delay after delay after delay. You won't get a refund, ever. You have to give drop dead delivery date, which should be tied to a week before your PayPal claim ability can expire. Don't give this guy full cash payment up front. Give him part of the money. Should he be banned? Yes. You shouldn't be allowed to screw over members here. Your past is your past. His reputation is no longer good. So, doesn't anyone else make non-SW pistols, rifles, and other weapons?

If I were him I would think about taking on some part time help and getting these orders filled. Some people would probably work for almost nothing just to gain the experience he has with molding along with his other knowledge. Just a thought.

It's difficult to respond to a thread like this without sounding disingenuous or self serving.

I can only say that I am working on back orders and I have stopped taking large commissions.
I don't use the RPF as a platform to screw over members and I've actually given a great many refunds.
Banning me would serve very little and make it harder for me to work towards making things right with the members to whom I owe commissions .
I hope that if there is a motion to ban, I will get a chance to at least contact my remaining clients before they pull the plug.
I have and continue to be forthcoming in regards to the delays in my production.

Dune5712 There is progress on your order it's just not finished, I'm sorry you had the impression there wasn't.
xl97 You spoke of saving grace. I honestly don't know. I've only ever worked towards the betterment of the hobby and helped in any way I could any one who asked. I strive to be supportive and encouraging to all new artisans with whom despite my age I feel a great kinship with.
Pumpkinhead I appreciate your candor and if I owe you anything please let me know. Your reply gives me the impression I've wronged you somehow.
Hammerdon That's a tough one to work around. I cant pay anyone (money at least) for work. However there is always an open invitation for anyone interested to come visit and pitch in to the best of their abilities. However, people commission ME to build props not my intern. That's the bane of any artisan. Could we use some help...sure. But can everyone do what we do? Not so much.

To those who have come to my aid it's truly heartening. I really do appreciate everyone's support.
As I've said previously I have many challenges that interfere with my ability to get things out in a timely fashion. Things that weren't an issue 10 yeas ago but life changes in strange ways for all of us sometimes.
I've let a lot of people down, don't think for a second I somehow relish in this situation. To the contrary it breaks my heart. My reputation is all but ruined. Once I make an appreciable dent in my back orders I will strongly consider closing up shop. In truth I've actually made the decision to do just that but obviously I cant while I still have commissions unfinished.

~M~

"I" for one respect you chiming in on this thread (sure it all wasnt easy to read)..

Accidents and mistakes happen (to everyone).. its how you carry and conduct yourself afterward that decides if it was a mistake or a choice, IMHO.

Open lines of communication goes a long way... and your post here is the right direction!

I just recently entered into dealings with Matsuo for some builds I just don't have time to do.
I am fully aware of his rep here but I trust him and know I will eventually get my stuff. I've
had other dealings with him, the man has talent and I trust him.

No orders with you Matsuocorps. I have orders with other makers, but it's the same old issue. Take more orders than you can deliver, use up the money. Are you using the money you get for orders on other things? That's a big mistake. Then you can't provide a refund since the money is gone. Not willing to hire someone because you think only you can do things. You can get help and supervise. Just stop taking orders. Don't use new orders to fund old orders. Your business model is messed up. If nothing else, set aside the money, so at least you can provide a refund when they get fed up waiting. Ideally, you get a new order, money, you use that money for that order. Doing it any other way just invites problems. Anyone waiting for their stuff for more than year is unsatisfactory. You are only as good as your last filled order. Or should I say, last timely order fulfilled. No one wants stories, tales of woe. You have (had) their money, but they don't have their item(s). It's not the buyers that are wrong. It's you. How many orders are unfilled? How much was each order for? When were those orders made? Do you even a list a full accounting of what you owe? How do you operate? Are the complainers the first ones to get their order?

Hello,

I signed up so I can post here. Does anyone have a way to get a hold of Matsucorp? All contact has ceased from his end and I've used all three known emails that I've had. I have a couple outstanding orders all paid in full from almost 5 years ago now. I've been sending emails over the years asking for updates, but now no responses for months. I've never been rude and tried not to be too pushy, but 5 years and now zero communication I feel I'm out of options. I spent good money and just need any advice or other ways to contact him.

Thank you for your time.

Hello,

I signed up so I can post here. Does anyone have a way to get a hold of Matsucorp? All contact has ceased from his end and I've used all three known emails that I've had. I have a couple outstanding orders all paid in full from almost 5 years ago now. I've been sending emails over the years asking for updates, but now no responses for months. I've never been rude and tried not to be too pushy, but 5 years and now zero communication I feel I'm out of options. I spent good money and just need any advice or other ways to contact him.

Thank you for your time.
Jason, I responded to your email from Monday, I gather you didn't receive it. I will try again.

M

Jason, I responded to your email from Monday, I gather you didn't receive it. I will try again.

M
I sent a mail on wednesday too (Matthieu Deltour), didn't get an answer, my last message from you is from a month ago and you were having trouble with your shipping account. I hope this issue can be over soon, it's been so long :(

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back