Suggestion Problems forum

Psammead

I know I'm quite new here but I just thought it might be an idea to have a 'Problems' area where people can post what's gone wrong in their builds or even with their purchases, i.e. resin still tacky, my paint job has gone wrong what's best to use to remove x paint from y material etc. I know you're planning to do a wiki but there will always be some that problems that require a specific response but don't apply to a particular prop so wouldn't quite fit in other forums as far as I can tell. This would definitely help newbies, like myself, but I'm sure we all need help some time.

i dont think so. if you search the problem forum opposed to the entire forum for the question you'll see if its asked, and find the answer, you wont need to post a new one. unless you dont find your question, then it would be appropriate to post it.

how would it fill so quickly? what difference would that make?

i dont think so. if you search the problem forum opposed to the entire forum for the question you'll see if its asked, and find the answer, you wont need to post a new one. unless you dont find your question, then it would be appropriate to post it.

That was how I'd hope it would work.

It will be filled very quickly and you'll have to do search anyway to find an answer, so you'll still end up having to post a question.

However, I think I see why you think it would be filled very quickly and understand that hundreds of hits with your search terms can be very annoying but I would hope that people would search both on here and elsewhere on the internet before posting a question. If I've misunderstood you let me know. Hopefully the basic questions like how to make a mold or how to rotocast, which have tutorials elsewhere on the internet would not be asked allowing those who genuinely need it have quick access to help from knowledgeable people.

Since we have a search engine that works quite well it does not take a lot of time to find results for a lot of questions. You don´t have to go through the entire forum to find by hand.

In addition to that, a separation of prop project threads and threads about various techniques to build props seems not necessary either, since a lot of those techniques are explained in the course of a show-off or "Work in progress"-thread. The authors very often write in great length about failures and how they succeeded in finishing a project or mastering a technique in the end. The usual "learning by doing" and "learning from the mistakes of others" ;)

Michael
RPF staff

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back