Question Problem connecting to therpf.com?

Discussion in 'Site Support & News' started by Infinity, May 4, 2012.

1. Infinity

Infinity New Member

Anyone else having problems with the site? It will come up and I can read a thread or two and then I get a browser connect error. If I wait awhile and try again it will work for a bit and then start the cycle all over. All other websites are working fine on my end.

EDIT: Well, according to Down or just me? (Beta) it's up when I can't connect. So I guess it's something on my end, just seems odd as this is the only site I am having problems connecting to.

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  2. Luke0312

Luke0312 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I've been having the same issue yesterday and today.

Other sites are working fine, it is also occurring whether I'm getting on at home or at work (different city and provider).

3. andy19422

andy19422 Well-Known Member

Me too. Yesterday and today sometimes all I get is a connection has timed out message.

4. Bootlegger137

Bootlegger137 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

5. trekriffic

trekriffic Sr Member

I haven't been able to open any topics. At least, I can access the main forum this morning,

6. Infinity

Infinity New Member

Glad to know its not just me. Thanks for the link bootlegger, I didn't see that post (probably because I was looking under site announcements and not off-topic) and I am sure that is related to the issues we are having as this is the type of behavior a site would experience with a dos attack.

7. Montagar

Montagar Legendary Member Community Staff

Everything should be running fine now.

8. trekriffic

trekriffic Sr Member

Still having issues.

9. Infinity

Infinity New Member

Still having issues here as well.

10. epilepticsquirl

epilepticsquirl Sr Member

Don't worry, Montagar will have it taken care of. ;)-:thumbsup In the mean time clear your cache and cookies and try again.

11. Art Andrews

Art Andrews Community Owner Community Staff

Guys, we are still currently under attack. We are doing our best to fight it, but it is inconsistent at best right now.

12. The Ronin

The Ronin Well-Known Member

Dang, under attack again? What the heck! Why can't ******** leave the good places on the internet alone?

13. Finhead

Finhead Sr Member

Didn't get any response at all to my last post about this on another topic. This is still am issue here in Edmonton neither Kevin or I can open the site off and on for the last 2 days. Today not at all. Any help I'm that, since it seems quit a few do not have any issues at all.

14. Finhead

Finhead Sr Member

Any news on this at all? Still can't load the site on my pc with any browser.:/

15. Darkpod

Darkpod New Member

I'm loading fine but is there any issue with pms not going through?

16. Jeyl

Jeyl Master Member

Today is the absolute worst. I haven't been able to get into the site all day, and even when I did it lacked the black background and I couldn't go anywhere else. Here's hoping whatever is happening is resolved without losing the site.

17. epilepticsquirl

epilepticsquirl Sr Member

That'd be the dual DDOS attacks we were subjected to today.

18. Dung0beetle

Dung0beetle Well-Known Member

Whoever is working to keep this place up and running during all this nonsense deserves a medal.

19. Art Andrews

Art Andrews Community Owner Community Staff

That would primarily be Phil, our server admin. I know it is very frustrating for us, and we just want Phil to "fix it" but he is working incredibly hard on this... even worked on the first attack while he was on vacation, just to get us up and going.

20. opal1970

opal1970 Well-Known Member

TheRPF.com Down???

I have been trying to access the RPF site since Wednesday. Does anyone know if ther are technical problems or is there a * off hacker out there causing problems?
    I have tried on various computer, deleted my cache, etc. this is the first access since wednesday.

21. tk1055

tk1055 Sr Member

Re: TheRPF.com Down???

There are individuals who are using DDOS attacks on this site. That is the reason it keeps going down. Check out the Facebook page for updates.

22. YenChih Lin

YenChih Lin Sr Member

Re: TheRPF.com Down???

I guess it's again the DDOS attack by the pissy pissy hacker wacker

23. aeonpulse

aeonpulse Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

24. Angelus Lupus

Angelus Lupus Sr Member

*! get this Phil guy a medal and a drink!

25. TomVDJ

TomVDJ Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Yep, also noticed that the RPF has been unreachable for a while. Now everything seems fine. Mods and technicians are doing a good job! Just wanted to let you know that all the hard work of you guys is very appreciated!!!