Proadhesive, Prosaide, permawet, where to find?

ShawDizzle

Before going the internet route and having to wait for the package and pay shipping, where can i find these items locally. Im gonna start airbrushing at the end of the week and Im making my first suite (Mr Incredible method). I was told to that a special adhesive was needed to be added to acrylic paint which will be airbrushed on to prevent the paint from chipping/cracking.

I know i need Permawet to seal it up when finished.

Prosaide: i was to told to get this too.

Are there any local places to find these things like Wal Mart, Home Depot, etc????? Is there any other products I can buy to act in place of these things or other methods?

Im trying to avoid relying on the internet for now if i can just get the stuff locally.
thanx
Brian

When I was ready to paint my first prosthetic, I first looked for PAX paint, but seeing how much it was online, I decided to do a 50/50 mix of Prosaide and acrylic paint (which is pretty much what PAX is). So naturally I scoured the general area (hobby shops and the like) for these specific brands. I was pretty amazed at how little anyone I asked knew about these materials let alone if they even stocked them. I came up empty as far finding a local supplier, but then again, where I'm at isn't exactly a big market for these things to begin with.

So, Prosaide can be mixed with acrylic then diluted with water to make it sprayable but unless you live somewhere that has a need for this sort of stuff, you'll probably be stuck with the internet. I'm just grateful that I have at least one method of obtaining the needed materials.

When I was ready to paint my first prosthetic, I first looked for PAX paint, but seeing how much it was online, I decided to do a 50/50 mix of Prosaide and acrylic paint (which is pretty much what PAX is). So naturally I scoured the general area (hobby shops and the like) for these specific brands. I was pretty amazed at how little anyone I asked knew about these materials let alone if they even stocked them. I came up empty as far finding a local supplier, but then again, where I'm at isn't exactly a big market for these things to begin with.

So, Prosaide can be mixed with acrylic then diluted with water to make it sprayable but unless you live somewhere that has a need for this sort of stuff, you'll probably be stuck with the internet. I'm just grateful that I have at least one method of obtaining the needed materials.

Hahaha, I hear you man. I live right outside the big city so ill look around.....so to spray it with airbrush, i need Acrylic, Prosaide and water.....u think 50/25/25 for the ratio? I got a bit till i start painting. What about Permawet? where i get that locally? any idea?

Hahaha, I hear you man. I live right outside the big city so ill look around.....so to spray it with airbrush, i need Acrylic, Prosaide and water.....u think 50/25/25 for the ratio? I got a bit till i start painting. What about Permawet? where i get that locally? any idea?

Well, for the mixture I'd go 50/50 with prosaide and acrylic, then dumb it down with just enough water to get it to spray. My guess is about 75/25 with the mixed paint. Airbrushes do vary so you have to do a little trial and error before you get it right. If you happen to have an eye dropper with measurement guide lines, that will help tons.

Permawet is another material I've only been able to find online.

You could coat the whole thing with Prosaide 1st , then use neat inks. you will not have to worry about your airbrush clogging then.

Thank You....i already was given and have bought a lot of acrylics...and i got nothing but time. So ill probly just go with acrylics only...if i gotta run some thinner through n clean the air brush...oh well...thanks a lot tho

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back