Pro-saide

Sekular

Evening All,

My skin is rapidly approaching the painting stage and having done some reading on the forums, have decided to go with the acrylic/prosaide mix on ease and availability, but two questions:

1 - I have an internal mix airbrush that I intend on using for the application, will the prosaide cause problems with this? If so what other options could I explore?

2 - If the prosaide mix will work fine. Approx. how much would I be requiring to complete a full skin, neck to wrist to ankle, front and back?

Thanks again for all the help so far, I'm looking forward to being able to pass my acquired knowledge on to other board members in the future!

-Sekular

Sekular,

1. I used a prosaide/acrylic mix in an airbrush, only it was a paasche external mix...
I used 50/50 mix so it was really sticky when it got onto the item... for less stickiness you'd use more like 1/3 to 1/4 prosaide and the rest acrylic.
The stickier it is, the easier to get the straight acrylic to stick to it.
I made sure to clean the air brush parts out really thoroughly right after priming.

2. I did that ebay fem. pred armor set with around 2-4 oz of 50/50 mix, so figuring that the skin is maybe three to four times the surface area of the armor, then its 16 oz of mix, but take half for the prosaide, comes out to 8 oz.
But you'd be using less.
So one bottle would be ok, but to be safe, get two bottles... there's always something that will come along that needs painting :D

Hope this helps

---
Ei'luj

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back