Princess Leia's Blaster

lovelyrhiannon

next to give it weight I drilled holes in the three largest pieces, filling it with fishing weights and filling it in with hot glue, topping it off with spackle.

Attachments

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I like this a lot! Nice call on adding real screws, hot glue and supporting the barrel with a rod

Can you clarify....from what I gathered.... acetone chemically dissolved a lego brick and you lightly painted some on the outside for a smooth finish? or am I completely off base? hahaha

lovelyrhiannon

I like this a lot! Nice call on adding real screws, hot glue and supporting the barrel with a rod

Can you clarify....from what I gathered.... acetone chemically dissolved a lego brick and you lightly painted some on the outside for a smooth finish? or am I completely off base? hahaha
thank you:$
yes that is what i did, to fill the lines of not only the 3D print itself but also the lines from where it was glued together, giving the blaster the impression of being one piece.

Sluis Van Shipyards

Master Member
That came out really well! The only thing I would suggest is to spray it with some kind of flat or semi clearcoat to knock the gloss down a little.