Primer?

Justin1

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good primer? I've been using Krylon Grey primer since I started building/painting kits, but on my last couple of kits, I've noticed it actually has a bit of a visible grain on the kit, which kinda bugs me. Seeing beautiful, sculpted details covered in little grains? If I can avoid it, I'd like to. If anyone has any suggestions, as to whether or not I should try a new brand of Primer, or if it's something I'm doing wrong, I'd appreciate it! Thanks, guys!

A black primer? I haven't been able to find a black primer, I'd love to have one, though. It'd make building kits with individual dreads a LOT easier.

I'm also a little wary of Krylon at this point, kind of hoping someone may have a suggestion for a different brand. SOmething that may be readily available in a hardware/carparts/Wally World type store?

And yeah, shaking's important, lol. I make sure to shake the can for at least 5 minutes or so, but the finish still ends up grainy, :)

A black primer? I haven't been able to find a black primer, I'd love to have one, though. It'd make building kits with individual dreads a LOT easier.

I'm also a little wary of Krylon at this point, kind of hoping someone may have a suggestion for a different brand. SOmething that may be readily available in a hardware/carparts/Wally World type store?

And yeah, shaking's important, lol. I make sure to shake the can for at least 5 minutes or so, but the finish still ends up grainy, :)

Home Depot, Lowes, and Walmart all carry Krylon Flat Black Primer....

I'll double-check, but I haven't seen Krylon Black in any of those stores. At least not the ones around here.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back