Primer?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Justin1

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good primer? I've been using Krylon Grey primer since I started building/painting kits, but on my last couple of kits, I've noticed it actually has a bit of a visible grain on the kit, which kinda bugs me. Seeing beautiful, sculpted details covered in little grains? If I can avoid it, I'd like to. If anyone has any suggestions, as to whether or not I should try a new brand of Primer, or if it's something I'm doing wrong, I'd appreciate it! Thanks, guys!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

ptgreek

I've been using Krylon flat black primer for a long time..seems to work fine ...shake that can good!

Justin1

A black primer? I haven't been able to find a black primer, I'd love to have one, though. It'd make building kits with individual dreads a LOT easier.

I'm also a little wary of Krylon at this point, kind of hoping someone may have a suggestion for a different brand. SOmething that may be readily available in a hardware/carparts/Wally World type store?

And yeah, shaking's important, lol. I make sure to shake the can for at least 5 minutes or so, but the finish still ends up grainy, :)

knuckledragger

A black primer? I haven't been able to find a black primer, I'd love to have one, though. It'd make building kits with individual dreads a LOT easier.

I'm also a little wary of Krylon at this point, kind of hoping someone may have a suggestion for a different brand. SOmething that may be readily available in a hardware/carparts/Wally World type store?

And yeah, shaking's important, lol. I make sure to shake the can for at least 5 minutes or so, but the finish still ends up grainy, :)
Home Depot, Lowes, and Walmart all carry Krylon Flat Black Primer....

Justin1

I'll double-check, but I haven't seen Krylon Black in any of those stores. At least not the ones around here.