Batman Collectibles

By all means, please do! If it helps him out, so much the better!

As for my work begin stolen: this piece wasn't so much artwork as it is just a comparison using already available images. And beyond that, this was made with the intent of being shared. It's all good; thank you though for asking! :D
Of course!

Perhaps this may help; I put this together in Photoshop to the best of my ability and tried very hard not to "squish" or otherwise distort the schmatic:

View attachment 1687236

I did my best to scale the schematic to the replica, but I could only get the rear wheel any sort of close to true between the two. As you can see, there are significant differences between the schematic and the replica. The length is only the start: the fins are not the correct size, the size and shape of the rear wheel wells and surrounding "pod" are off, the cockpit is too high vertically, the distance between the front and rear wheels is too short, the windshield is too far back and too short....

Overall, a bunch of stuff is off; that's probably what you're picking up on, and I don't blame you one bit!
Oh,man, man you’re not serious with this are you? I hope you know that blue print is a prop and not true to the actual car. Just look at the top down view from the other half of the blue print. The hood is the wrong shape, and so is a lot of the body (and there’s not a real turbine engine in it hehe). It’s just supposed to look cool during the “turn him into an h-bomb on wheels” scene. Here’sa real profile shot:
IMG_0671.jpeg
As you can see, my friend, they’re both off. The Hot Toys is too boxy.

What you used was taken from this picture in Batman Returns
IMG_0674.jpeg
which is visually updated from the original 89 schematic
IMG_0672.jpeg
you can tell by the rearend and other details. The overhead view was changed dramatically for Batman Returns
IMG_0675.jpeg

But as you can clearly see the actual prop is dramatically different from all of the schematics and blueprints.

Last edited:
Oh,man, man you’re not serious with this are you? I hope you know that blue print is a prop and not true to the actual car. Just look at the top down view from the other half of the blue print. The hood is the wrong shape, and so is a lot of the body (and there’s not a real turbine engine in it hehe). It’s just supposed to look cool during the “turn him into an h-bomb on wheels” scene. Here’sa real profile shot:
View attachment 1734693As you can see, my friend, they’re both off. The Hot Toys is too boxy.

What you used was taken from this picture in Batman ReturnsView attachment 1734697 which is visually updated from the original 89 schematic View attachment 1734698you can tell by the rearend and other details. The overhead view was changed dramatically for Batman ReturnsView attachment 1734699
But as you can clearly see the actual prop is dramatically different from all of the schematics and blueprints.
Well, since the replica I built ended up destroyed after our neighbor's apartment flooded (which leaked into our closet and took out a sizeable amount of my work), it doesn't really matter anymore. :(

I can't have anything.

He's said previously there's a good chance they're going to make it in 1/12 scale also. They made the Snyder Batmobile in 1/12 scale.

soo, is it safe to order the Batmobile from Joost? its a lot of money to put at risk
Totally safe. Not only is he officially licensed, he also received a (friendly :)) visit to his shop from the top brass at WB. They're very happy with the quality of his collectibles.

His Batwing is on sale in the DC shop (sold out it seems)...

He mentioned the DC shop also ordered a couple of his '66 Batmobiles which are sold out on his website. So, if you were wanting to add that to your collection, that may be your only shot.

The preorder window is closing soon on the '89 Batmobile so if you're still interested, jump on it soon. Keep in mind though that since he's based in the Netherlands, the shipping will be high. Also since the Batmobile is over $800 in value, you'll be paying a duty to import it into the States.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back