Prices of original graflexes?

DemonSeed

Sr Member
I noticed on eBay they are insane but I couldn't find any all original anh converted sabers there. What's the going market price for this? Just curious. Is the spike due to the new movies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if we are to the point where there just are not that many out there anymore, they have all been scooped up by collectors. The escalation in prices has been going on for a few years now but I don't know how that could be in anticipation of the new movies, could be though. I bought one in decent condition a month ago for $200, which is more than I ever thought I would pay.

and yet it is less than what they went for a few years back - 200 sounds about right, but I remember seeing them fetching double that.

It depends... average price on eBay these days looks to be in and around $200.... but there's also chance and luck involved... I managed to pick up both of my Graflex's for about $100 - one was a buy it now and the other was an auction that was ignored for some reason - and I just missed out on one that went for $110 because i forgot about it until the auction was 5 min over :(

Yeah I figured they were running around 300 dollars, but that was based on the buy it now prices... and the amount of watchers on them.

but just now I perused "Completed Auctions" and they seem to sell at about 150 - 200 with the "Buy it Now"s in the 300 range not selling.

I have one I'm considering putting up, but I paid about 200 and want to guarantee I get that back...

I paid $75 just for a junked out graflex top tube. I say prices are only going to go up, in part due to graflex camera collectors and star wars fans that are finding out what graflex's are and wanting one (like everyone else here I'm sure ;) ) If you want one now prices seem to be in the $150-200 rang now on ebay. Parks has a pretty spot on replica for $150 but if your gonna spend that much why not just get the real deal? I say that if you really want one just bite the bullet and enjoy your new toy.

I noticed on eBay they are insane but I couldn't find any all original anh converted sabers there. What's the going market price for this? Just curious. Is the spike due to the new movies?

If you're talking about a converted one, the price will go up from an unconverted one. The last "converted" one I saw on the Bay was actually a replica somebody was trying to pass off so be careful.

I just bought an original unconverted one and paid over $200 but have seen them go for cheaper as other said.

I gotta say, building your own is very satisfying and the ANH luke is a fairly easy build. Give it a shot, you'll have fun.

Good luck!

Or you could always look for a 4x5" Crown Graphic Camera or Speed Graphic with a 3 Cell flashgun and then resell the camera ... have a free lightsaber prop :)

Chaim

P.S. As a professional photographer . . . off course I kept those camera's too :wacko

Probe droid you've had more luck finding large amounts of affordable graflexes than anyone!!!! I got my first two for 50 each

Probe droid you've had more luck finding large amounts of affordable graflexes than anyone!!!! I got my first two for 50 each
The first one was the cheapest by far, but I snagged a few others for anywhere from $50-$150. For awhile there back in the day I had a bunch of them in every size, even a 5-cell. Sold all of them to members here, not one went to ebay. I've gotten Heilands for as little as $5. Those were the days.

Hopefully not my first - I found one on craigslist somewhere in California (I'm in Buffalo), this kid found his grandpas old camera collection and sold me just the flash unit. He told me to name my price, and terrified he'd find out what he had I told him 50. I could have told him 10. Still kicking myself for that one.

^ Nah ... you made that kid happy ... so he could afford that Hasbro Millenium Falcon he'd seen on sale in Walmart ... that's the true way of the force ;)

Chaim

converted, at the moment I'd say a few hundred. Untouched they're still $100-200, and thats a fair price today haha. It's tough because Parks offers brand new working flash replicas for 125 or 150. Those aren't real so I think people are pricing higher because vintage is better.

There appears to be a lull for buyers on eBay atm... I just picked up a 2-cell for $100 plus $15 shipping on a 6 day auction where I was the only bidder!

HA! That was you, eh?

I just did a search under completed and saw that sale. I was thinking "SCORE, for somebody."

There appears to be a lull for buyers on eBay atm... I just picked up a 2-cell for $100 plus $15 shipping on a 6 day auction where I was the only bidder!

HA! That was you, eh?

I just did a search under completed and saw that sale. I was thinking "SCORE, for somebody."

Heh... yup... colour me surprised that I didn't get bid up on...

Very happy... I have my second red button now for my Luke ESB build and an extra clamp to play with for my real parts Obi! :D

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back