Prop Store

Price Drop Star Trek Playmates Science Tricorder Electronics Upgrade kit

Sold for 100 USD - Out of Stock
FINAL PRICE DROP! 10 Only! $100USD each
Hi Everyone!
As many of you know, I have been designing and supplying electronics upgrade kits for Star Trek props for over 25 years. If you look at a lot of Hero version Trek tricorders and Phaser replicas that are for sale or just being displayed, you will probably see "GMProps electronics" installed as part of the description. Well, that's me.
Over the years my electronics have become very high demand items for prop builders. But many builders are hesitant to buy since it takes so long to receive them in the mail. I don't blame you if that describes you. There are still a lot of people waiting for their electronics that they ordered from me quite some time ago (don't worry, you will get your electronics). I decided this waiting has to stop. I needed a new plan to get prop electronics into your hands faster. I was building all of my electronics by hand, one board at a time. This has proven to be too slow. So, I have come up with a plan which reduces the time from payment to shipment down to 48 hours or less. I decided to get a company to assemble my boards for me, usually in lots of 50 to 100 per run. But due to cost, I can only do one at a time, so I decided to start with a popular set of electronics: the Playmates Science Tricorder Electronics. Believe it or not, this is my biggest seller. Everyone has one of the 90's Playmates tricorders with a couple of lights and some cool sounds (which could use an upgrade, right?).

So, as a promotion to get things rolling, I have a run of 15 fully assembled sets of the Playmates Science tricorder electronics available for IMMEDIATE shipping. They are now available for only $100US dollars each (a $30 savings). No waiting. But once these are gone you will have to pay full price again, but the wait time will be down to 48 hours (as opposed to the 3 weeks that I used to make you wait while I assembled them).

SPECIAL UPDATE: As of July 29th, I will be selling the remaining kits for only $100US each.

Here is what you get in this upgrade kit:
  • Full set of assembled light & sound electronics with built in power reed switch. (3 circuit boards)
  • Plug-in ready LiPo battery system and USB charging cable.
  • Magnet (for the reed switch activation), faux LED greeblies, and a 1" clear rod for the grooved dome piece.
  • A Master Graphics sheet for creating your own new decals that are aligned for the LEDs in the tricorder.
  • A fully updated version (Oct. '20) of the Playmates Tricorder Upgrade Instruction Manual for prepping the body and installing the electronics. Emailed to you.
So if you want one of these discounted kits shipped to you right away, then grab one now while they are still available.
If enough of these sell, I will be doing this again with Mark IX Science tricorder electronics, and possibly Mark X Medical electronics.
Thanks!
Gerry (GMProps)

PM-S-06c.jpg
IMG_3107.jpeg
IMG_3113.jpeg
IMG_3110.jpeg
IMG_3112.jpeg

Attachments

• PM-S-01.jpg
    PM-S-01.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 54
  • PM Tricorder-2020-01b.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:

goldcylon

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is something I am not comfortable doing. Electronics and electrical for that matter is something I always leave to professionals, However if I was to upgrade my playmates toy (if I had any) I would give this a go. Mechanical no issues…. Electrical yikes. Well done

gmprops

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I would like to post a video, but unfortunately I do not have a recent one. The best I can show you is a video on YouTube created by a first time prop builder HERE.
It is a little blurry but it gives you the idea.

gmprops

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Three gone. 12 to go.
If I can make enough money on these I can fund a Mark IX Science tricorder electronics run. And then a Mark X Medical tricorder.

The following list is the order of the boards I will have professionally assembled.
  1. Playmates Science tricorder
  2. Mark IX Science tricorder
  3. Mark X Medical tricorder
  4. Mark VII Science tricorder
  5. Mark VII Medical tricorder
  6. Boomerang phaser
  7. Dolphin Phaser
  8. Cricket & Dustbuster Phaser
  9. Playmates Medical tricorder
  10. Cobra Phaser
  11. Endgame Science & Medical tricorder
  12. Nemesis Science & Medical tricorder
If you think I should change the order of this list, let me know.

gmprops

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Down to 10 only. Hopefully they will all sell over the weekend. And then I can start planning the next set of fully assembled boards.

EvilBatman

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Three gone. 12 to go.
If I can make enough money on these I can fund a Mark IX Science tricorder electronics run. And then a Mark X Medical tricorder.

The following list is the order of the boards I will have professionally assembled.
  1. Playmates Science tricorder
  2. Mark IX Science tricorder
  3. Mark X Medical tricorder
  4. Mark VII Science tricorder
  5. Mark VII Medical tricorder
  6. Boomerang phaser
  7. Dolphin Phaser
  8. Cricket & Dustbuster Phaser
  9. Playmates Medical tricorder
  10. Cobra Phaser
  11. Endgame Science & Medical tricorder
  12. Nemesis Science & Medical tricorder
If you think I should change the order of this list, let me know.
this is GREAT. I can hardly wait. Eyeballing: 2, 3, 4, 7, 11, 12, and probably 10.

gmprops

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thanks Nick! I will be shipping the electronics out to you tomorrow.

In the meantime, I have emailed you a copy of the Instruction Manual.

Wailonskydog

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Can vouch for everything said from gmprops - I got a phaser electronics kit from him. It took a long time but the kit is excellent! Definitely jump on this if you don't want to wait.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
Prop Store