Price Drop Star Trek Mark XI Engineering Tricorder prop with lights & sound.

Sold for 625.00 USD
Prop Store

EvilBatman

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
For sale is a completed Stapleton resin Star Trek Mark XI Engineering Tricorder prop kit with lights and sound. This is not a 3D printed item.

If payment made by money order or NYSE recognized bank cashiers check, I will decrease price by 4% (i.e. minus the Paypal fee).

This is a hand crafted, quality build with attention to detail, sanded to a smooth finish, no visible seams, even application of paint, long paint dry times, sealed with clear coat, carefully aligned circuit boards to match light openings, precise cut graphics, carefully trimmed to the correct dimensions and level placement, no glue seepage at decal edges, clean, crisp borders between the graphics borders and body paint, and where different paint colors meet.
I put a minimum of 40 hours into this build. This tricorder is already built. What you see in the pictures is what you will get and you will not be disappointed.

1. All LEDs work, both sequencing and non sequencing. Note, there are limited sequencing lights - board design, not defect. Mp4 provided with pics
2. Working Star Trek tricorder sounds.
3. Opening and closing ratchet sounds.
4. Working F1/F2 button to stop the sound if desired. I, E, button depress but do not have a function.
5. Easy to access Lipo rechargeable battery - 3.7v - located behind a removable panel secured with 4 small philip head screws.
6. USB Charging cable included - plug into a computer USB to recharge - output should be no more than 500 mA (milliamps) at 5 V (Volts). I am not responsible for fried circuits due to improper charging voltage or amps.
***** improper charging can cause the battery to explode and will definitely ruin the tricorder.
Continental US Only. I pay priority mail, tracking and signature confirmation. Packed securely with bubble wrap.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 29,560
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 128
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 111
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 105
  • 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 109
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 123
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 105
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 97
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 92
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 107
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 115
  • MVI_8022.MP4
    37.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210712_135110.jpg
    20210712_135110.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 32
  • 20210712_135051.jpg
    20210712_135051.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
  • 20210712_135042.jpg
    20210712_135042.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 24
  • 20210712_135008.jpg
    20210712_135008.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

EvilBatman

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Nice build. But the ID tag should say Mark XI not IX.
Good luck on the sale.
OH RATS!! my dyslexia strikes again! LOL. I believe that I can redress the error without any complications - which I will do ASAP. Just had my knee replaced so am taking a couple of build days off.

gmprops

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The Mark XI was only used in one scene when Laforge was scanning B4. I have been building tricorders for 30 years, plus I used to supply all of the electronics for Roddenberry to sell with their replica prop kits. I know my tricorders.

EvilBatman

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The mark xi is the version from Star trek nemesis that is one large touchscreen,

the tag is correct with the Mark IX, changing it to XI would make it wrong

IX=9
XI=11
Thank you Piper6729 for posting. I did research the proper graphics anf roman numeral to use for an engineering tricoder prior to building - Mark IX = engineering. I thought I had made it correctly.

EvilBatman

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
if someone should be interested in this build please let me know which designation, IX or XI, you prefer. I have a XI replacement no problems.

EvilBatman

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
OH RATS!! my dyslexia strikes again! LOL. I believe that I can redress the error without any complications - which I will do ASAP. Just had my knee replaced so am taking a couple of build days off.
and IX has become XI!!!!
Nice build. But the ID tag should say Mark XI not IX.
Good luck on the sale.
fixed!

Attachments

• 20210712_135042.jpg
    20210712_135042.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
Prop Store