Pretty interesting costume Mork and Mindy connections to ST: TOS

Jet Beetle

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
First there's this one that seems to be a pretty well known wardrobe borrow -

mork2.jpg

But this is the one that surprised me.

The Star Trek:TOS "The Savage Curtain"/Mork & Mindy Connection! - YouTube

When Mork and Mindy go to Ork for their honeymoon, Mindy get arrested, the Orkan police uniforms are the STTMP Klingon uniforms. Robin Williams picked out his famous spacesuit it out of a paper bag in the paramount costume department.

Look here around the 9:30 mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp43Pjt9swg

Last edited:
Good catches...makes sense. Didn't Shatner appear in a Kirk uniform in one scene? I suppose that might've been a leftover as well.

Wow, I wonder if that's the same triangle for the Mork series jumpsuit. Happy Days didn't have black trim, but series version does.

I also wonder if the series version is an entirely new suit. The Happy Days one is surely a match to Colonel Green's, though.

When Mork and Mindy go to Ork for their honeymoon, Mindy get arrested, the Orkan police uniforms are the STTMP Klingon uniforms. Robin Williams picked out his famous spacesuit it out of a paper bag in the paramount costume department.
]

On one of those Happy Days specials Gary Marshall said John Byner was who they originally wanted for Mork - the spacesuit was tailored to his size (he's only 5'6 so Williams was popping out of the thing - they built him a new one for his second appearance on Happy Days.

Just a tid bit - the black stripe added to his triangle was some kind of achievement mark for his mission to the 50's.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back