PRESENTING: my scratch-built/hardware Ahsoka Tano lightsaber ***fixed pic links

Jedifather

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Made from PVC pipe, PVC fittings, styrene strips, various resin pieces that I made; and a lot of
cutting, filing, carving, glueing, spot filling, and sanding. The only power tool used was a drill.

ahsokatanolightsaber08.jpgahsokatanolightsaber01.jpgahsokatanolightsaber04.jpgahsokatanolightsaber07.jpgahsokatanolightsaber10.jpgahsokatanolightsaber03.jpgahsokatanolightsaber06.jpgahsokatanolightsaber09.jpgahsokatanolightsaber02.jpgahsokatanolightsaber05.jpg

Correct type of "Covertec" knob:
cknob01.jpgcknobreva.jpgcknob02.jpg

I was able to match the spiral texture on the black disc:
disctexture02.jpgdisctexture01.jpg

ahsokatanolightsaber.jpg

Last edited:
Re: PRESENTING: my scratch-built/hardware Ahsoka Tano lightsaber

Wow that looks amazing :) I was worried at first that it was a goldish color but it's just the lighting in a few pics. Great job!

that is a great build, very cool. Love the creativity, and the follow through. Great job!

amazing job, Love to see projects like these!

Thank you. :) I love working with plastic and resin; it's so forgiving. If you make a mistake, just glue a piece on, fill the gaps and you're all set. Which BTW, I had to do quite a bit with this project. The shroud end took a while to get it just right.

Here's a few in progress pics; I had more but I can't seem to find them.

07212011017.jpg07212011015.jpg07212011013.jpg

I used a section from a few Obi-Wan pommels I had cast up, and also used the pommel cubes sanded down to the right thickness:
06132001067.jpg

Last edited:
Re-upped the pics, and here's some of one of my resin castings finished and painted with the shoto:

Ahsoka w_shoto_12.jpgAhsoka w_shoto_11.jpg

Ahsoka w_shoto_03.jpgAhsoka w_shoto_06.jpgAhsoka w_shoto_10.jpgAhsoka w_shoto_08.jpgAhsoka w_shoto_01.jpgAhsoka w_shoto_04.jpgAhsoka w_shoto_07.jpg

Attachments

• Ahsoka w_shoto_05.jpg
    Ahsoka w_shoto_05.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
I may be going crazy, but I swear I saw this lightsaber design before it was associated with Ahsoka. Wasn't this saber design first made as a custom saber by a fan, or am I going nuts? lol

Those sabers are incredible! What are the chances that you'd offer a kit? My fiance and I have been watching The Clone Wars while being snowed in and have been talking about how cool it would be to own some Ahsoka sabers. Very cool!

Those sabers are incredible! What are the chances that you'd offer a kit? My fiance and I have been watching The Clone Wars while being snowed in and have been talking about how cool it would be to own some Ahsoka sabers. Very cool!

PM Jedifather for the answer to that. I did, and was very happy with the results :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back