Obi Wan ANH Stunt Conversion (Post #18)

Tan Djarka

Sr Member
image.jpg

Built with an emitter of a sink drain flange, PVC ring, candle holder cup, and a small flashlight reflector for the interior. The forward grip is fabricated from rings cut from a PVC extension pipe mounted on 1" pipe and dressed with HVAC tape. The whole thing is held together with a threaded tube used to assemble lamps.
image.jpg

The forward grip has been rebuilt with washing machine drain hose and epoxy putty. The pommel has also been swapped out.
image.jpg

The handmade clamp has been dressed with HVAC tape for a cleaner appearance and the lever has been replaced. The fake Covertec button is an axle cap nut and a finish washer.

Last edited:
I agree, that made a huge difference!

Tell us more about the homemade clamp, that looks really good!

Thanks, while the emitter's size was dictated by the parts used, and ended up a little big. But overall it ended up being one of my better looking builds.

The clamp? Simply, it's a piece of sheet metal with bends and holes in the right places. The bars are 1/4" styrene covered with HVAC tape. The lever is fashioned out of sheet metal and mounted on a Molly bolt swivel and held in place with a 1" #6 flat head machine screw. And of course it has the requisite 1/2" Mylar tape.

View attachment 1008973
Built with an emitter of a sink drain flange, PVC ring, candle holder cup, and a small flashlight reflector for the interior. The forward grip is fabricated from rings cut from a PVC extension pipe mounted on 1" pipe and dressed with HVAC tape. The whole thing is held together with a threaded tube used to assemble lamps.
View attachment 1008974
The forward grip has been rebuilt with washing machine drain hose and epoxy putty. The pommel has also been swapped out.
View attachment 1008975
The handmade clamp has been dressed with HVAC tape for a cleaner appearance and the lever has been replaced. The fake Covertec button is an axle cap nut and a finish washer.

Great job—I like it!

Wow this is good i like the emitter and where did the clamp card come from? Also good choice for emitter. Can’t wait for more of these thin neck builds

Last edited:
Nothing new here. I was just jazzed to find when I did a Google image search for "Luke ROTJ V2", this is one of the first few images that come up. Does that make me famous?

Last edited:
I'm planning on replacing the emitter and neck/wind vane assembly. The size of the emitter was dictated by the found parts I used, and it ended up a little big. Honestly, It's always bothered me.

It needs a new lever, emitter, and some paint. I'd planned on changing the emitter anyway, and I figured: why not just go all the way and make it an ANH stunt?

Last edited:
Heck yea! Love the toggle switch, makes you want to hold it on your shoulder like Alec

Have you ever done scratch built blades? I’m curious what you would choose to anchor a tang

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back