Prequel Lightsabers red button

SithLord

Sr Member
Ok saber experts (me not included), do these buttons look the same to you? They do to me but I could be wrong...just trying to pin down this type of button if it was used very often during production...

SaberRedbuttons2b.jpg

Bottom one is from the hero Maul saber, top one is mine...

The dimensions look all right. The original saber buttons had female knurling and were anodized red -- are yours that? Some original buttons had a nipple in the middle, while some did not.
Master Replicas' replicas were spot-on, but all lacked the nipple. Romans Empire's replica buttons all had nipples and were spot-on except that the colour was slightly darker than the original.

I have only compared MR<->RE and RE<->original Qui-Gon Hero saber (at an exhibit) in person. Other people may have different opinions.

I just dug up a couple of images of the Obi-wans from MR and the knurling looks deeper to me, especially noticeable from the top circumference of the MR where the knurling sticks out even on the top edge. Also the base should be flat I think, not like the Obi-wan MR AOTC LE (see comp below). It looks almost like they just applied knurling to something similar, but I could be wrong.

Mine's resin, but I also think the Maul at Celebration II was all resin?

MRObivsOrig1.jpg

The red buttons are hydro line caps, the sort the come on the fittings of all F-15 hydro parts from either the manufacturer or depot to keep hydro fluid in or f.o.d. out of lines and components as they are shipped to wherever they need to go. Back before I came to hate Star Wars, when I was working on my own lightsabers I found and "appropriated" handfuls of those caps from the hydroshop at the base I'm stationed at.

John

The red buttons are hydro line caps, the sort the come on the fittings of all F-15 hydro parts from either the manufacturer or depot to keep hydro fluid in or f.o.d. out of lines and components as they are shipped to wherever they need to go. Back before I came to hate Star Wars, when I was working on my own lightsabers I found and "appropriated" handfuls of those caps from the hydroshop at the base I'm stationed at.

John

Sorry to bump this after all these years, but this is the first time I've heard them referred to as hydraulic line caps; everyone else says they're "blanking caps." Google searches for either term turn up nothing that looks like the prequel buttons. Do you have any more info to find them, like part number, or maybe a website where they're sold?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back