predators scene

berserk wolf

in P1, anytime's bio eyes flash yellow. AVPR, wolf's are blue. predators, two of the BSPs' are yellow. In the scene when Berserker ripped Stans' spine n skull n Falconer uncloaks, I noticed Berserker's had a dim glow of red then faded away! No lie watched it on bluray on my PS3! its probably on dvd too! see for yourself!

I think Wolf's was more white with an accent or blue tint.

EDIT: As you will notice in my avatar and signature. I noticed this after hitting reply, haha.

So, are you asking why the difference in colors or if we've noticed this as well ? I have but never really gave it much thought. Maybe each pred customs his own bio with his favorite color?
I personaly feel that the flashing of the eyes is done to intimidate,mock or challenge an individual, but prehaps the function serves other purpouses..like
signal and communication purposes, and maybe each color has its own meaning.
~ Estelle

So, are you asking why the difference in colors or if we've noticed this as well ? I have but never really gave it much thought. Maybe each pred customs his own bio with his favorite color?
I personaly feel that the flashing of the eyes is done to intimidate,mock or challenge an individual, but prehaps the function serves other purpouses..like
~ Estelle

if you guys noticed as well AND is there any significance of our hunting pals doing that to begin with?

nevermind. i saw the purposes in your post.

~ Estelle

I like the communications aspect Estelle. I did notice in Predators during the first encounter at the camp site flashed to account for to each other. I like it. I'm thinking that obviously there are different bios with different tech so I mean it could be a dependent on the type of screen or eye coverings or materials used etc. I know this is getting ridiculously into detail, kind of, but just quick thinking a few ideas as to why the colors are different. I don't think it's personal choice though because they see in thermal and not the spectrum of colors.

actually the last part of my post should have read signal and communication purposes among them selves....I meant no offence, I hope you didn' t take that I was trying to be sarcastic in any fashion?
~Estelle

I like the communications aspect Estelle. I did notice in Predators during the first encounter at the camp site flashed to account for to each other. I like it. I'm thinking that obviously there are different bios with different tech so I mean it could be a dependent on the type of screen or eye coverings or materials used etc. I know this is getting ridiculously into detail, kind of, but just quick thinking a few ideas as to why the colors are different. I don't think it's personal choice though because they see in thermal and not the spectrum of colors.
Hey, It's fun to ridiculously go into detail You are correct, the predator specie does seem to ' see' in thermal....however though - how do you explain them being able to read the red ( in P1's case) digits on their bomb gaunts...? I think they have greater visual capabilities than we thing..ever notice how in 'Predator' When P1 and Arnie were fighting, that at one point duing a close shot- the P1 made direct eye conteact with Arnie? From this alone, I'd say that they've got to be able to see beyond ( more than basic thernal)
~Estelle

Hey, It's fun to ridiculously go into detail You are correct, the predator specie does seem to ' see' in thermal....however though - how do you explain them being able to read the red ( in P1's case) digits on their bomb gaunts...? I think they have greater visual capabilities than we thing..ever notice how in 'Predator' When P1 and Arnie were fighting, that at one point duing a close shot- the P1 made direct eye conteact with Arnie? From this alone, I'd say that they've got to be able to see beyond ( more than basic thernal)
~Estelle

Here's my two cents on this subject. I agree that the flashing eyes is for communication of some kind. During the fight between the berserker and the P1s in Predators, berserker couldn't see P1s when he was cloaked, so the eye flash could be to let each other know where they are during the hunt. As for how they actually see... There's some problems here. In P1, his bio showed thermal imaging, but when he took his mask off, his actual vision was way on the Infrared side of the spectrum as apposed to the ultraviolet. Now, in P2, the pred could still see in thermal imaging after he had his bio removed. You can see that they fixed this in Predators when berserker took his bio off. Anyways...If the preds evolved to see in the infrared, then they would be able to interpret what they see. If a human looks at something in the infrared, we would not be able to interpret the data in the same way, so maybe they can see the readout on their gauntlets and other tech just fine.

Quick question. Any time it's shown a pred computer console or anything like that (Bomb gauntlet, inside the ship in AVP and AVP:R), all the readouts have been in red, right?

Just my thoughts on the subject...

Here's my two cents on this subject. I agree that the flashing eyes is for communication of some kind. During the fight between the berserker and the P1s in Predators, berserker couldn't see P1s when he was cloaked, so the eye flash could be to let each other know where they are during the hunt. As for how they actually see... There's some problems here. In P1, his bio showed thermal imaging, but when he took his mask off, his actual vision was way on the Infrared side of the spectrum as apposed to the ultraviolet. Now, in P2, the pred could still see in thermal imaging after he had his bio removed. You can see that they fixed this in Predators when berserker took his bio off. Anyways...If the preds evolved to see in the infrared, then they would be able to interpret what they see. If a human looks at something in the infrared, we would not be able to interpret the data in the same way, so maybe they can see the readout on their gauntlets and other tech just fine.

Quick question. Any time it's shown a pred computer console or anything like that (Bomb gauntlet, inside the ship in AVP and AVP:R), all the readouts have been in red, right?

Just my thoughts on the subject...
I would venture to assume that all read-outs are in red...All the ones I have noticed are at least..I could have missed something now..Lol!

O.K. I think I get what you're saying - That what looks in the eyes of us humans when viewing inferred to be a blurry blob of red, green and blue is actually " Dutch" down to the finest detail to the P1? O.k. I can agree with that.
~Estelle

I would venture to assume that all read-outs are in red...All the ones I have noticed are at least..I could have missed something now..Lol!

O.K. I think I get what you're saying - That what looks in the eyes of us humans when viewing inferred to be a blurry blob of red, green and blue is actually " Dutch" down to the finest detail to the P1? O.k. I can agree with that.
~Estelle

Yup. That's what I think.

i believe the eye flash is purly to intimiadate and scare the oponent as in P1 i cant remember who i think it was mack was saying abiut the eyes he saw when blane was killed and he was pretty damn terrified

Maybe its used for all of the above? Just like we talk and use hand signals to communicate, taunt etc.

As for different coloured eyes a lot can be theorized here, I am thinking like a jedi's light sabre with less impact on alignment and more on the pred just chose that colour. Would be cool if it symbolized rank or what style of hunter it is though.

Ive always believed that the flashing eyes were a way of communicating between hunting brothers when on a hunt, but at the same time also used to taunt prey and/or give away their position to the prey on purpose for a bigger challenge although still being invisible otherwise, but in the end that would be the same as taunting.

As for their eye sight. All the movies reveal something differently so as far as how they REALLY see is a subject that can never be fully proven. I myself however picture them as being able to see like humans although I always pictured them being able to see far more colors than we can. like we can only see three main colors (while parrots can see four) and the yautja can see 5 maybe more. But that is just my preddy world idea as far as eyesight goes :) am not claiming it to be the truth.

and ohhh yeah as far as the color. I am not sure what to believe but it sounds logical that the colors could be used for different signals. But who knows if it could also just be a matter of taste. They probably have favorite colors too anyways.

I tend to agree with the majority and say that the eye flashes on the bio can be used as a signal for communication, whether it be friendly or a warning. Perhaps a bad blood predator, that is up in a tree stalking, notices another predator come into his hunting territory. The bad blood pred could use "red" to signal a warning to the other pred.

As for how they see. We have yet to fully understand how animals can see. Some have great vision during the day, and also have nocturnal vision to help with hunting at night. I like how N'ritja mentioned how animals see in more spectrum then humans.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back