PREDATORS - MOVIE INFO

I'm in 2 minds about this :D
I like rodriguez's work but if rumours of the original script for preditors is true, then the predator homeworld idea sucks nuts! getting soeone else to play Dutch just wouldn't work.
on the otherhand I'm excited to see a new Preditor movie with a bit more blood and gore

joker.gif

thats a sarcastic clap for when you **** it up. NOW go prove me wrong ! ! !

and in the mean time.

l.gif

Just hold your feelings in check everyone! I'm as excited as the rest of you but I won't judge till I see footage. Rodriguez is a great director and puts more than action on the screen but I don't like all his movies. His visuals are what makes him a good choice. Start emailing him and tell him how you feel!

I think il reserve judgment until its released, personally i thought we had our moment when AVP:R was being developed and look how that turned out.....

As for a new Predator, well although i dont hold out much hope it could be a good thing, look at the batman reboot's. I just hope the man himself reads boards like these to see what the fans want, an R rated film would be a good start...

The thing that I am really scared of is it cbecoming another AVP-R... Now dont get me wrong I liked AVP-r but I dont want high school muscial mixed with Hostel. That combo for predator sucks. I keep seeing people saying more gore plz or something along those lines. The predator film we came to know and love was not a GORE movie it was an ACTION movie. Big difference. I would rather see an action film some blood in it then see another hostel witha pred running around in it. So please becareful not to ask for too much blood and guts. However YES rated -R should be a necessity.

lol andy.

yeah dwayne we'll finally get to see the martial arts ant eater pred with Jean Claude flipping around doing flying split kicks. lol. That was what the original predator was supposed to be. Can you imagine where that franchise would have gone? Same place my lunch went yesterday, down the damn toilet.

I'm hoping that the reboot is just a new script, and new vision. Not a new creature.

KPH

The thing that I am really scared of is it cbecoming another AVP-R... Now dont get me wrong I liked AVP-r but I dont want high school muscial mixed with Hostel. That combo for predator sucks. I keep seeing people saying more gore plz or something along those lines. The predator film we came to know and love was not a GORE movie it was an ACTION movie. Big difference. I would rather see an action film some blood in it then see another hostel witha pred running around in it. So please becareful not to ask for too much blood and guts. However YES rated -R should be a necessity.

I agree 100% Perhaps i worded it wrong? when i said make it R rated i was reffering to AVP which was aliens and predator made for kids..... So by R rated, i wouldnt want a film filled with sencless violance but at the same time i would like to see skinned bodies hanging from roof tops etc as that is what the predator is about, he's a killer. Even these days, where violance is commonplace in films, im not sure Predator and P2 especially would ever be considered for a pg rating? just hope they dont think only of the green, but we all know they will...

We all need to find out how to get hold of this guy and let him know what REAL Predator fans want, and make him understand that he'd better not **** it up! We deserve better. Fox needs to start listening to us...let me find my explosives....

so long as they dont do anything stupid like having him talk in English except for the ways we have seen them speak before which is good, and they dont completely screw around with the look and the behavior it will be cool just to see some predators on the screen again because the AVP films aren't as interesting to me personally

and so long as we get to see the predator this time not having him hide in shadow all the time like in AVP 2

Ok, I found my explosives, now I have to look for my hollow points... I saw Sin City, and I thought it was ok. I haven't seen anything else you guys mentioned. Is this guy gonna be a dick or can he do a good job? He's a bigger, better director than those who have made the AVP films, right??? Seriously, how do I contact him??? Looking for something positive here. From what he was saying, I don't think he will take it seriously. The Jetsons??? Come on man! Judy had better be a serious babe! Scarlet Johansson maybe. Seems like he has too much he's working on to give this film the heart it needs. I fear it will just be another guy who says he's a fan, and then totally ****s it up for us REAL fans. We need Ridley Scott. Oh well.

i havent got anything to say that hasnt already been said,but i hope to god he doesnt balls it up and its about bloody time there was a new pred film and hopefully it will make up for the pretty dire AVP films :D

Me personally, I am excited to see the franchise itself still have people that want to sink money into it. Sure I want an awesome movie but the interest alone makes me happy. I am a Rod fan and I have more faith in him that the people behind both AVP movies.

---just take what's already established and WRITE a good story BEFORE shooting 1" of celluloid.

Absolutely! Especially the dialog!

joker.gif

thats a sarcastic clap for when you **** it up. NOW go prove me wrong ! ! !

and in the mean time.

l.gif

LOL! It's gonna be a WTV movie. (Wait 'til video)...

can i be in it?.........

Show up at his door in your costume with his name on a skull...

HOW CAN WE GET HOLD OF THIS GUY???

After I read the news on the Ain't It Cool website, I emailed the writer of the story and asked him to forward Rodriguez the link I gave him to this very thread to see what the members of the premier predator website have to say about it. Hopefully that will bear some fruit.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back