'Predators' Heads to the Jungles of Hawaii

Roydraven

Hey all didn't want to make another thread about the predators movie but i saw this news and thought why not share your thoughts
20th Century Fox's "Predator" reboot/prequel "Predators" is looking to do a little shooting in the jungles of Hawaii.
"Scouts for 20th Century Fox’s $40-million creature feature are back on the Big Island for their third week of scouting Hawaii most of it where a lot of jungles have been looked at.
The production would film for 18 days with an October start if the Hawaii portion is a go. That decision is expected to be made very soon…Some Hawaii production execs are being contacted about availability…
" The creature feature is directed by Nimród Antal ("Vacancy") and begins filming September 28th at producer Robert Rodriguez’s Troublemaker Studios in Austin, TX. In this version, a group of humans will find
themselves stranded on a planet home to Predators and must survive the horrors they encounter.
I for one cannot wait to see what this movie is gonna be like hopefully really good:D

Hey all didn't want to make another thread about the predators movie but i saw this news and thought why not share your thoughts
20th Century Fox's "Predator" reboot/prequel "Predators" is looking to do a little shooting in the jungles of Hawaii.
"Scouts for 20th Century Fox’s $40-million creature feature are back on the Big Island for their third week of scouting Hawaii most of it where a lot of jungles have been looked at.
The production would film for 18 days with an October start if the Hawaii portion is a go. That decision is expected to be made very soon…Some Hawaii production execs are being contacted about availability…
" The creature feature is directed by Nimród Antal ("Vacancy") and begins filming September 28th at producer Robert Rodriguez’s Troublemaker Studios in Austin, TX. In this version, a group of humans will find
themselves stranded on a planet home to Predators and must survive the horrors they encounter.

I for one cannot wait to see what this movie is gonna be like hopefully really good
bloody hell,the red writing hurts yer eyes.....

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a location shoot. Part of the film will be shot there. IE: capturing humans in a jungle or something of the sort. Most films use multiple locations, with the majority set up on sound stages.

I just want to see if the Pred has been changed. I'm still not crazy about the plot. 40 million dollars??? That has to be a typo or we're gonna have another "Ishtar" on our hands! What a loser that was! In these days of 100 million dollars plus for good mainstream films, we get less than half that? Looks like fox wasn't serious about "rebooting" the franchise after all. If true, we'll just have to hope for a miracle.

I just want to see if the Pred has been changed. I'm still not crazy about the plot. 40 million dollars??? That has to be a typo or we're gonna have another "Ishtar" on our hands! What a loser that was! In these days of 100 million dollars plus for good mainstream films, we get less than half that? Looks like fox wasn't serious about "rebooting" the franchise after all. If true, we'll just have to hope for a miracle.

District 9 had that kind of budget, and it is one of my new fav. movies! so, maybe this will be good..I'll just be happy to see my boys back up on the silverscreen...

Well there shoud be a least 1 MEGA star, . . . . . . . actually id settle for someone who can actually act !

AVP cost $60mill

AVP-r cost $40mill

So with the previous 2 gettin slated, they decided to rectify it by giving it a low budget akin to AVP-r.

I mean FFS Predator 2 had a budget of $35mill back in 1990.

Nice move FOX.

b35c9676.gif

Oh and while your at it i hear youve taken over the Transformers franchise, i managed to get a sneak peak at Transformers 3. Picture below.

3ba9308a.gif

hehe sorry couldnt resist.

b35c9676.gif

3ba9308a.gif

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back