Predators Falconer Bio Helmet Pep

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by cayman shen, Apr 22, 2012.

1. cayman shen

cayman shen Master Member

Created by Rundown, Unfolded by Tribal (on thehunterslair.com)

Tomorrow I'll begin the reinforcing process. So far I've not had a lot of luck with pep, already having kinda screwed up a Boba and an Iron Man, but I think I have a handle on it this time ha ha!

If it goes well I'd like to try a Beserker and a Wolf. Man I wish I could find a Gort and Ram...

2. Art Andrews

Art Andrews Community Owner Community Staff

Nice start! Will be very interested to see the final product!

3. cayman shen

Thanks! I can't even remember the last time I bothered to post a build here, but it's been forever. I figured starting a thread would give me incentive to finish, since I reeeeeallly want this bio and the Sideshow is out of my reach :thumbsup

4. wrcromu

wrcromu Active Member

The pep work is very good !!! Can't wait to see it resined, i will follow this thread with attention...

5. cayman shen

Waterproofed and reinforced the back, then stuck on the first layer of paper mache using a 50/50 wood glue/water mix. Got a tiny bit of warping, but nothing I don't think I'll be able to correct in the bondo phase...I hope. (Thanks to Atlanthia for giving me some tips--his TK build was amazing! And I really didn't want to muck around with fiberglass. The Bondo is gonna suck bad enough).

I discovered I really loathe paper mache. First of all, I don't like getting messy. Second of all, about halfway through I realized I had to pee, BAD, and I couldn't think of a quick way to clean all the wads of drying glue off my hands, so I chose to suffer until I was done. I don't know about any of you, but when I gotta go, I gotta GO. I think next time I'll do it with a Nalgene bottle tucked between my knees :lol

I'll try to get a pic up later.

EDIT: here it is...I had to remove some columns in the back that supported the shape...I'll add them back in before layer two of paper. So at the moment it looks a bit flared out is all.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012