PREDATORS DVD & Blu Ray Thread

dvdwordusa usually have most things quicker than anywhere else, so i am surprised by this, i hope it is correct info , but i am kinda doubting it at present.

considering that the film was #2 in the box office opening weekend and how fast the film plummeted down its obvious that a early dvd release date was on the horizon...but it is a little too early imo...

considering that the film was #2 in the box office opening weekend and how fast the film plummeted down its obvious that a early dvd release date was on the horizon...but it is a little too early imo...

I don't think $108,997,643 worldwide in 4.5 weeks isn't too shabby.

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=predators.htm

AVP grossed $172,544,654 in 16 weeks.

I'd still like them to get the movie out by Xmas...with a second "bonus features" disc too.

word got around quick , about how big of a pile of **** AVP actually was, thats why

Yea, AVP wasn't bad but I believe it dropped the "Predator" ball. AVPR was a bit better, but it was too dark and the ending was crappy. I think Predators was a more befitting Predator movie then those two were.

Actually it was only #3 and I really want to see it again before they pull it from theaters and it goes straight to DVD. On any case I want a ton of stuff from this DVD behind the scenes, featurettes, interviews, a very good commentary from KNB Effects Group, and few extra goodies. If not then I will have to talk to Howard and Greg again come April of next year.

Ooh, awesome! Now I know what to ask for from my parents for my birthday, seeing as it's only a few days after the UK release.

I found an awesome description of a deleted (extended) scene from the decloaking part from the movie---

ARRIVAL AT THE HUNTER CAMP EXTENDED SCENE:

"This scene picks up after the waterfall scene when the bio-falcon returns to the falconer pred after they all de-cloak tusk pred tends to the wounded pred hound(the one who Isabelle shoots before the whistle blows) while Mr.black walks over to Mombasa who is barely alive Mr.black turns slowly to look at classic pred who is watching him then Mr.black walks behind Mombasa and as he is staring at classic he rips out Mombasa's spine and does his roar."

(THERE IS MINIMAL MUSIC IN THIS SCENE WE DO HEAR A VERY LOW DRUM BEAT I CAN'T REALLY DESCRIBE IT BUT IT IS LIKE EVERYTHING GOES QUIET DURING THIS SCENE IT ALSO IS GRAPHIC IN HOW MOMBASA'S SPINE IS RIPPED OUT I DON'T KNOW IF THEY CUT IT OUT BECAUSE OF TIME CONSTRAINTS OR CAUSE IT WAS WAY TO BLOODY)

I wish this was in the movie, sounds AWESOME!

Too bad that description most likely is false, all those descriptions would've made Predators a better movie imo, but they're just not in there probably.

"Rodriguez explained to me that since he and director Nimrod Antal are both very happy with the theatrical cut, that cut will be the only cut on the DVD. He added, however, that a bunch of significant scenes deleted from the theatrical release will be present on the DVD as a bonus feature.

What scenes might these be? I asked actors Adrien Brody (who plays Royce) and Walton Goggins (Stans), and they described a couple of them. One scene finds the film's band of misfit heroes attacked by monstrous Predator "mosquitoes"; while another sees Stans (a hardened criminal who's just spent sixteen years on death row), convinced he's going to die, making a pass at Alice Braga's character (Isabelle), only to be rejected."

-Fearnet

Maybe old news to you all.

http://www.fearnet.com/news/b19491_exclusi..._predators.html

that sucks, most likely they are saying that because they didnt shoot anything else besides that ...everything has an unrated dvd it seems

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back