Predator Wrist Blades

Less floppy??? why wouldn't you just use a better material or basil board or ply would??? if you sand it down it gets a very smooth finish, coupled by some light coats of Plasti-Dip to fill in any cracks, apply paint and problem solved...

Maybe thats just me...

Less floppy??? why wouldn't you just use a better material or basil board or ply would??? if you sand it down it gets a very smooth finish, coupled by some light coats of Plasti-Dip to fill in any cracks, apply paint and problem solved...

Maybe thats just me...
No thats not just you its a very good idea and im gonna use your method for my blades but whats plasti dip and where can i get it?

No thats not just you its a very good idea and im gonna use your method for my blades but whats plasti dip and where can i get it?
No worries, it works great, I used the Spray Version. just because it made it easier and faster even coat.
You can find like daywalker said at most Hardware stores.

Here in Tucson, AZ I can find it at all of these stores with no issues:
* Ace Hardware
* Home Depot
* Lowes
* WalMart
* Harbor Frieght Tools

Just to name a few.

Ok, I already started and I am already half way done with the blades by putting like a thousand layers of tape over it already. Should I put glue on the tape and let it dry?

Do not put glue on the tape! This is a warning!

Seriously brother, what are you making your wrist blades out of? I'm very curious as to why you would be taping layers and layers and gluing for.

If you simply get a piece of 1/4" plywood from Michael's or any Hobby Craft Stores, which literally run about $1-$2 or even Home Depot even. You would have had your wrist blades done in a fraction of the time.

I literally spent about 20 mins from start to finish to cut the pieces out, sand them, Plasti-Dip and Paint them and finish them both in about 20 mins. I think you have spent way more time on them then you should have.

Now don't get me wrong, I appreciate one taking pride and time in ones work, but what it sounds like your doing is way overrated. Here comes that old saying "Work Smarter NOT Harder..."

If its a budget you are concerned about, seriously, You can find enough change in your sofa I willing to bet to get $2 up to get a piece of board. Keep in mind as well its not even heavy. The wrist blades are actually very light. If you are concerned with the cutting methods or don't have access to a Dremel or Jig-Saw, then I would say buy some Basil Wood which is about the same price at Michael's or and Hobby Craft Store. At least with that, you can use a Utility Knife, hell even a steak knife to crave out the piece.

Just some friendly advice brother. I seen your posts the past few days, and think to myself wow you should have been done days ago. Now don't tell me its not enough spare time, because I can tell you, I have 6 kids (4 being teenagers) and my girlfriend( well wife, we been together long enough she may as well be my wife LOL). And I still find 20 mins to whip these out.

If you need some help or more advice, just say so. I am really concerned about you, because I have seen several posts in several areas, and if you are making your suit to be done by Halloween for example, bro its gonna be a long time if its taking you this long on some wrist blades is all I'm saying.
;)

The Def con five of fails. Why do you ask advice and them ignore it?

Listen to Fastburst and others here, and you will reach your goal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe he's trying to do something like your ideas but dosent want to actually do them because maybe he feels like hes stealing them? IDK

By the way Fast Burst your ideas are great and you speak of great wisdom. more wisdom than me thats for sure

The way you layed it all on the table for darkpredator was hillarious in a respectable way for darkpredator.

Itll be a few days before i can work on my blades so if i have any questions in the future may i ask the person of wisdom. seriously ;)

Maybe he's trying to do something like your ideas but dosent want to actually do them because maybe he feels like hes stealing them? IDK

By the way Fast Burst your ideas are great and you speak of great wisdom. more wisdom than me thats for sure

The way you layed it all on the table for darkpredator was hillarious in a respectable way for darkpredator.

Itll be a few days before i can work on my blades so if i have any questions in the future may i ask the person of wisdom. seriously

Not a problem I will do my best to assist in any way possible ;)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back