"Predator: Vengeance" progress

berserk wolf

Hey guys and girls! As some of you know, I have been working on a Predator fan film. We started shooting yesterday and as the production process goes, I will be filming behind the scenes footage whenever I can and will post 'em here!

Beginning/opening scene
Day 1 Part 1
Day 1 Part 2

Hey guys and girls! As some of you know, I have been working on a Predator fan film. We started shooting yesterday and as the production process goes, I will be filming behind the scenes footage whenever I can and will post 'em here!
Beginning/opening scene
I hope those sounds I gave you are going to make this short film all the more better after you shoot it

If it'll help you, I've already posted a short clip here of the Pred tri-laser sight locking onto a target. It's somewhere in the "Transmissions" section.

And if you'll be using After Effects for the FX, I can help you do the thermal vision and the cloaking FX if you need it.

If it'll help you, I've already posted a short clip here of the Pred tri-laser sight locking onto a target. It's somewhere in the "Transmissions" section.

And if you'll be using After Effects for the FX, I can help you do the thermal vision and the cloaking FX if you need it.
I'll be using After Effects. And that help is HIGHLY appreciated! You'll be credited in special fx in the credits!

I'll be using After Effects. And that help is HIGHLY appreciated! You'll be credited in special fx in the credits!

Let me know when you're ready to do the FX, and I'll walk you through the process. It's not very hard.

To do the cloaking effect, it works best if you shoot the background scenery separately, and then have your actor do his thing in front of a uniform background like a greenscreen or a unicolor wall. Another way is to shoot your actor in your scenery, and then shoot some additional background scenery without the actor, and without moving the camera at all during either shot (put it on a tripod)--but this method will inevitably produce a bit of blurring in the finished scene.

For the Pred-vision effect, there's nothing special you have to do while shooting---it's a filter that comes with After Effects.

If you give my a rough draft of the script (PM me) I be happy to produce it maybe or Make props or give you a copy of all the predator (P1,P2,PS) soundtracks!

Looks like everyone is having a good time and yes being a Jack (or in my case Jill) of all trades is very stressful. I used to work for a then local radio and television station and we were expected to do a lot although I mostly ran the board and shot video. Post production -- so long and boring! LOL.

Good luck with your fan film! I look forward to seeing the final product.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back