Predator Torso 1:1 WIP

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Supa troop, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Supa troop

Supa troop Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

very soon i will be in possesion of a 1:1 Predator Head, its being made and painted for me by a member of the lair.

I have everything here ready to finish it off, Dreads, dread beads etc etc.

Rather than just have a Pred Head display i thought it would be cool to try and Make a 1:1 torso for the head when it arrives.

Now my painting skills are not too clever however im willing to give anything a try.
    Im told using an airbrush gives great results however i dont own one nor have i ever used one.

so what are my alternatives ????

here is the Torso i am using, although it is not very clear i have begun to shade areas of the torso to highlight the muscle tone areas and will gradually make them darker as i progress.

[​IMG]

2. suckface

suckface Active Member

hi mate
    first you want to give that a good coat of plastic primer
    nip down to halfords and get a can of that and a can of beige or cream to go on after as your base colour

then wait until your head arrives and mix your paints to patch that :)

3. Too Much Garlic

Too Much Garlic Master Member

I honestly think that torso will turn out to be way undersized for a 1:1 Predator head. Unless you want to bulk it up, of course and place the navel pretty much just below the base of the bust, and otherwise enlarge the shapes and features.

4. Leigh

Leigh Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I think you should get your self a cheap air brush & have a play. Badger do some good stuff at reasonable prices. I'm no expert with one by any means but I do enjoy using one & the results are great as you progress :)

5. BobFett

BobFett Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Slave1 is selling a foam torso you may be interested in. Would work perfect for you.

6. Leigh

Leigh Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I also think your gonna need to bulk that torso up a fair bit, The Predator made Arnie look small & Arnie was a big guy back then. I think it'll be a great project though & I look forward to seeing how it goes :)

Edit: I love the tiles btw :) & is that red Dulux sundried tomatoes??

7. ralphee

ralphee Sr Member

Agreed, great idea Simon, but the average display torso is roughly my build, smallish lol, and having owned a Monsterroom mask with 60 Bambooie dreads, itll swamp that torso you have, even more so if you ever fit a Bio.

What Pred head are you having done? Its possible the shoulder armour, and cannon could bulk it out a bit more, the P2 even had that huge horned shoulder bell.

Id try it before you go and paint buddy, then youll know if it needs some clay "bulking"?

lee

8. Slave1

Slave1 Sr Member

Here's the one I was using until I decide to go full body.

[​IMG]

9. Too Much Garlic

Too Much Garlic Master Member

WOW, that's a cool one... you making that?

10. Slave1

Slave1 Sr Member

I was making that until I decided to go full body.

Basically mine was one of the rigid foam Morris ones. Had a very thin skin of resin backed in foam with a so-so paintjob. The head was purchased on the RPF, but came with a broken jaw.

Another board member and friend took over my build for me and now the eyes are properly set. One was up higher than the other, the way that it was molded. And also the tusks are properly tilted inward. Looking very cool.