Predator teeth/Latex mask dreads

IronHunter

Alright...Hope to start my first predator mask sometime in the week and I found a great place to start buying in some supplies.

Cause its my first I'm just going to do the cheap alternative a brush a latex solution over it.

My problem is with the dreads, I'm hoping I can find some backer rod around in my area But

Will the latex rip from the weight of the backer rod?

And also, whats a good material to make the teeth from? Some kind of resin?

I searched the lair and I couldnt really find anything...

46 views and no help?

Thanks guys....
:rolleyes:

don't know much about the painted on latex version,.....
but i do know that the weight would just sag them like they were sopping wet,......
maybe if ya did some kind of plate under the whole top of the head,.....it would support the dreads,....
also i figure a painted on latex mask will lose detail the thicker you make it so,.....
i'd make all the details REAL DEEP ,......that way once there's 8 layers of latex on it it should be perfect ,.....

thought about doing this too,........but kinda ran into the same problem,....

Just need to find a lightweight alternative for the deads and stuff the back with a fair amount of foam to help support it and keep the dreads in place...Thats what I thought

Just need to find a lightweight alternative for the deads and stuff the back with a fair amount of foam to help support it and keep the dreads in place...Thats what I thought

might work,......but would suck if it doesn't,......
still think that if you can sculpt ,......might as well cast ,.....plus the thin masks seem to flop around
takes away alot of the realism when it's see-thru and flappy,........

people here are more than happy to answer any questions if ya get stuck on something,....
and casting is WELL worth it ,..... bad-ass to have a top-notch mask that people don't believe you made,....ha ha ha

but,....good luck buddy,......i'm a learner too,....
so these are all just my opinion from trying it already ,....
all it made me do was want a better one,.....so why waste the latex ????

make one good one,......

trust the philb

sculpt the teeth out of sculpey clay if you just need one set you can detail with a dremel if need and sand and paint works great

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back