Predator South China Sea

shadowedge

Has anyone read this book? I hear good things about it such as one Predator taking out an extremely well armed 150-200 man army by himself. Also I hear this "Island Hunter" uses some new tech.

Would anyone recommend it? It sounds awesome.

YES! I would recommend it. It sits here on my desk as I type. It is a great story for a DarkHorse novel, and it's the ONLY Dark Horse Predator novel I have any respect for. Writer, J. VanderMeer, does the Predator justice in this one.
The Predator character in this novel is written more so along the lines of the predators from the films, 'Predator,1987' and 'Predator 2'. This isn't the "Yautja" of AvP. This hunter here is the real deal!
Aside from the Predator aspect, the story has good pace and decent plot, a few twist and turns and lots of action. The Predator in 'South China Sea' is a BEAST! and as cunning as the devil! You'll enjoy the heck out of it!
I noticed you used the name "Island Hunter" , You come up with that? I've always called this guy " South China"

YES! I would recommend it. It sits here on my desk as I type. It is a great story for a DarkHorse novel, and it's the ONLY Dark Horse Predator novel I have any respect for. Writer, J. VanderMeer, does the Predator justice in this one.
The Predator character in this novel is written more so along the lines of the predators from the films, 'Predator,1987' and 'Predator 2'. This isn't the "Yautja" of AvP. This hunter here is the real deal!
Aside from the Predator aspect, the story has good pace and decent plot, a few twist and turns and lots of action. The Predator in 'South China Sea' is a BEAST! and as cunning as the devil! You'll enjoy the heck out of it!
I noticed you used the name "Island Hunter" , You come up with that? I've always called this guy " South China"
This is definitly one of the best pred novels out there. I would recommend giving it a read if you get the chance.

Thanks for the reccomendation! As for the name "Island Hunter", someone on AVPGalaxy.net came up with that name.

So this Predator is not referered to as Yautja (or Hish)? Do we get anything from his perspective though?

The novels are really the only place where we get to see things from their perspective or hear their thoughts about things. The movies and comics don't really do that other than the occasional heat vision POV scenes.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back