Predator 'race'

hez1

It occurred to me while looking in the head/mask section that while we see a lot of regular looking preds, along with a few albinos, we hardly ever see anything else. Where are the dark skinned preds, or the latino (equivalent of course) preds? Has anyone ever thought up any designs for how they might look? I haven't, I'm just curious what other people think on this.

It occurred to me while looking in the head/mask section that while we see a lot of regular looking preds, along with a few albinos, we hardly ever see anything else. Where are the dark skinned preds, or the latino (equivalent of course) preds? Has anyone ever thought up any designs for how they might look? I haven't, I'm just curious what other people think on this.

Thats exactly what i was gonna go for when I have a go........I wanted to go for a more darker skin tone.....more blacks and browns.

I was also thinking of doing a Rasta Pred for laugh..........red gold and green bio and armour........was gonna call him...Natty Predlocks.

Latino Predator ?

What would his name be ? Predriquez ?

What about an Oriental Predator .....Ay Skin Yu ?

Where are the dark skinned preds, or the latino (equivalent of course) preds?

why would there need to be something like that? Race/color in humans originates from different gene pools/development in different environments, like Africa, Asia, etc.; Now say that the Pred homeworld could have only one climate zone, resulting in uniform creatures.

Then again, you sort of already have diversity, just look at the different skin color schemes (Snake vs P1), or head forms (P2 vs P1) and so on. For all we know, the P2s could be the Predators' Asians.

You're thinking too close to human standards.

Very good point Tommy, also some of the other Lost hunters had pretty wild colour schemes, RAM blue, Borg green, Hippie White.

why would there need to be something like that? Race/color in humans originates from different gene pools/development in different environments, like Africa, Asia, etc.; Now say that the Pred homeworld could have only one climate zone, resulting in uniform creatures.

Then again, you sort of already have diversity, just look at the different skin color schemes (Snake vs P1), or head forms (P2 vs P1) and so on. For all we know, the P2s could be the Predators' Asians.

It is a good point.........but thats not to say that there ARNT any dark skinned Preds......after all....it IS just another alternative to whats already been done.

You're right, I never thought of it like that. I always figured the patterns were more of a genetic thing though, kind of like blonde hair and blue eyes. I wonder if Stan Winston ever thought it through like that?

Thinking about it some more :) .....I would have to disagree with this statement......as it is not just humans that vary in colour and features.......it happens in ALL species.....there is diversity and all kinds of variations in every living thing......even plants!........and even in the SAME climate zone....

...while we're at it.... why do all Vulcans/Klingons/Romulans...etc choose to have the exact same hairstyle ? :)

...while we're at it.... why do all Vulcans/Klingons/Romulans...etc choose to have the exact same hairstyle ? :)

LOL...........imagine a Klingon with a beehive.......or a romulin with a moheekan.......or a vulcan with dreadlocks!!

We do tend to get groups of humans donning the same barnets.......look at Rastafarians....bhudists....Hindus.......I guess their homeworlds arnt as diverse as ours.............mabe they should be......then some more jobs vacancies will arise.......cos STs producers will need alot more writters and designers :)

Leave the human/earth **** where it belongs! It's starting to sound like Star Trek again with all the earth crap forced on alien races. I agree that the Preds are diverse enough already. Think of more aquatic Preds or desert Preds, etc. if you want, and leave the human crap for Star Trek. Let a good thing alone.

Leave the human/earth **** where it belongs! It's starting to sound like Star Trek again with all the earth crap forced on alien races. I agree that the Preds are diverse enough already. Think of more aquatic Preds or desert Preds, etc. if you want, and leave the human crap for Star Trek. Let a good thing alone.

LOL...........relax man....people sure do like to missinterpret stuff around here......NOBODY is saying what you are suggesting...............Just suggesting different variations on skin themes thats all............
Nobody is suggesting giving them a spoken language OR a cheesey dialog..............however........you have to give Star Trek its credit..........after all.....Predator is probably 60% Klingon anyways :)

in the complete costume section we got some blue skinned guys. Like Mr. Fett's costume.
Pete Mander's preds, for example, are more beige looking, while the predator in P2 is orangy and kinda reminds me of pizza.
We do have some variation already. I think not many people go for dark skin since maybe some of the detail is darkened out...

There was a wide very in the lost preds as said, RAM was Blue, Snake red, Borg Green, Hippie mono tone. dont see why there wouldnt be a darker skinned pred :)

Oooh, I hit a nerve! :)

Some of you have got it though; in any kind of race where you have skin, there are going to be different tones to it. If you can have an albino, you're also going to get darker skin. It may or may not be down to climate, it may or may not manifest itself in the patterns which we're already seen.

I wouldn't mind my own suit being a bit darker than the norm (when I eventually got onto it), just because no one has done that before. Of course, maybe it's been tried and looks ****...

I always figured that they have a very diverse array of skin patterns (P2 hunter had tiger stripes, P1 hunter had a more mottled look, and P2 Leader and at least 2 or 3 others in that group had a diamond pattern) and colors, as well as head shape (difference between P1 and P2. I am not looking at AVP here because they screwed the pooch on the look of their faces)... but maybe it's only color genetics that makes up those differences and they don't necessarily have different "ethnicity" based on what part of the planet they are from.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back