Predator Questions

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

munson

Hello,

I have a few questions about the build process, as well as some about what to use.

Here are my questions.

When you sculpt the predator head out of an oil based clay, you make the mold. After you make the mold, does the clay sculpture get ruined when you take it out? If so, can you re-use the clay? Someone mentioned about making their armor out of a "resin"--how would you make it from that? Is there other ways to make armor? How would you begin to make the Predator feet--I'm just lost?

Thanks in advance for you assistance, I appreciate it.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

WhiskeyBeard

Munson,

I will tell you what the Mods don't want to keep repeating: Use the Search function and hump it into submission.
All the answers you seek, you will find by searching, reading the Huntorials, WIP's, and Materials threads.

Monsterroom's website has an abbreviated sample of latex molding and casting. I have never done it, but I do believe the clay must be cleaned from the mold and the sculpt you did is done done donesky, but depending on the type - it is re-usable.

Slow down and pace yourself - there is a lot to take in here.
Decide on an overall design or existing Pred first, then start learning how to make those parts/pieces. You gotta go with whatever is feasible based on your skills and talent. What you lack in knowledge or experience, you can learn here, or use that Internets thing. You will drive yourself bat-**** crazy if you try to figure it all out at once.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Mike

xdmray

quick note- not all sculpts are ruined, if there are no to few undercuts you sometimes get your mold off clean

munson

Munson,

I will tell you what the Mods don't want to keep repeating: Use the Search function and hump it into submission.
All the answers you seek, you will find by searching, reading the Huntorials, WIP's, and Materials threads.

Monsterroom's website has an abbreviated sample of latex molding and casting. I have never done it, but I do believe the clay must be cleaned from the mold and the sculpt you did is done done donesky, but depending on the type - it is re-usable.

Slow down and pace yourself - there is a lot to take in here.
Decide on an overall design or existing Pred first, then start learning how to make those parts/pieces. You gotta go with whatever is feasible based on your skills and talent. What you lack in knowledge or experience, you can learn here, or use that Internets thing. You will drive yourself bat-**** crazy if you try to figure it all out at once.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Mike
Thanks for the info.

After some long searching, I found a huntorial on how to make a pred. body suit by a member here--MacGuyver. It looks awesome!