PREDATOR plaque

MasterAnubis

Sr Member
So, I finally got my CNC Micro Mill up and running. All it took was a little hardware update and some expensive programs. (This is what has been soaking up my video editing time)

All in all, I'm super stoked about having a new capability in my shop. :D

I used Vcarve Pro to generate this and used the Invisible Hunter font. I can edit the vectors really well with Vcarve so I can actually make it more like the original logo if I wanted. This is a proof of concept and a test run. I need to see if my feed speed will work with aluminum. I think kithunter made a BMP of the one that got used in the plaque thread that I can't find(if it exists).
PREDATOR.jpg

This is Vcarve after a simulated run. I thought I had a picture of Mach3 but this graphic is bigger.
PredatorPlaque01.jpg

More of a close up. The MDF I used was pretty grainy and I made the pocket depth deeper then the letter's cut depth, so there is essentially an error from that. The other stuff I cut in 1/2" MDF turned out better because of the type of MDF.
PredatorPlaque2.jpg

This was with a 1/8" 60° V bit. I've got two sized smaller then this too. So I'm going to try to make it smaller.

This is the other MDF I got to work well.
GrordbortPlaque1.jpg

So I will be doing this soon.(if all goes well)
MASTERANUBIS.jpg

what kind of mill did you get??
I've had my CNC Taig Micro Mill for a couple of years now. I just haven't had it working for me because of the 10 year old setup. I was beating my head against the wall trying to get the stuff to work better. It just wouldn't do what I needed it to do. So I updated(Moded) the controller to be able to use Mach3 and ditched Win98 in favor of XP. The Taig factory support for it has been great and it's in the next city over. What I've done has really woken it up.

Like this one(but 10 years older):
newcnc06.jpg

edit:
I actually have a youtube video of my old setup but I can't get the link here at work.... fordfastback

This might be it.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0SSEHsl-yw

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back