Predator P1 sculpt: First sculpt i've ever done!

Bash

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ok guys a little back story:

A few years ago I decided to have a go working with clay as something different to try. I'd never worked with clay before and so this was a fairly large undertaking but with a bit of advice on the old hunters lair forum I started this predator bust. Then I kinda got tied up with house a purchase and work and this project went unfinished for around 4 years!!

Decided that is a long enough break so finishing it off now. Still have some work to do but happy to hear your thoughts / opinions.

This is close to a P1 in my opinion but I have taken some artistic license as I figured no two predators would look identical same as a human face and its allowed to me to hide some crimes as well.

I should probably also mention the mandibles / fangs are just mocked up to give an idea, they will be cast seperately and so i've spent no time making them look good. Still working on the detailing and skin textures so this is very much still a work in progress :D

Looks good man! Yeah, what PH said, to me, it only matters when it comes to eyes. Thats the only thing I find visually distracting is when eyes are off set, but that happens in real life, just a personal preference of mine. How do you plan on molding it?

Thanks mate! Plenty more detail to do as you can probably tell. I'm hoping the more passes I do, the more realistic it'll look and the moe things will blend together. Or perhaps it'll look **** hahahahaha

- - - Updated - - -

Looks good man! Yeah, what PH said, to me, it only matters when it comes to eyes. Thats the only thing I find visually distracting is when eyes are off set, but that happens in real life, just a personal preference of mine. How do you plan on molding it?

With difficulty! I really have no idea how but i've recently found a local sculptor who's letting me use some workshop space (as you can tell in background of pic) and he's gonna help me cast it.

Haha yeah making molds is difficult, but man, when you get a good pull out of one and do it correctly, its really satisfying. Good luck, keep us posted!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back