predator one suit build in works going to resculpt an entire new torso

Roydraven

Ok new update everyone I have decided to start a new torso and legs sculpts my last ones weren't good enough and my molds for them broke so
I'm busy making my 3.0 torso sculpt pretty much the same deal klean klay sculpted on a mannequin with measurements
to fit me.

Nice Job so far! I love seeing Sculpts in Progress. Please post more!

Oh don't forget to take into account that most people wear latex gloves underneath the resin armor so you should make it a bit bigger
and cast the resin part with thin fiberglass reinforcement.

Nice Job so far! I love seeing Sculpts in Progress. Please post more!

Oh don't forget to take into account that most people wear latex gloves underneath the resin armor so you should make it a bit bigger
and cast the resin part with thin fiberglass reinforcement.
thanks mate yep more progress pics will be up for sure just need to get stuck into it :rolleyes:
uuum well the armor all of it will be attached to the skin made of latex except the back pack and the top of the gauntlets thanks for the advice though

wow, there is latex shrinkage... plaz tell me there isn't "resin shrinkage" too.... i already have a whole sculpt finished :rolleyes:

no resin doesn't shrink. your cast will be the same size as you sculpt.
when casting in latex you should make your sculpt bigger than what you want the final size to be. i believe a half to full inch.

If you're making a plaster mould of your sculpt and then casting in latex there will be some shrinkage when you compare the original and the replica. But as you need to put zippers in the suit you can gain some more space at this point. Obviously better if the original dummy is bigger than you. Sculpt looking great and believe me it's a lot easier using a mannequin as trying to sculpt without one. Look forward to seeing more of this in progress. Great stuff.

If you're making a plaster mould of your sculpt and then casting in latex there will be some shrinkage when you compare the original and the replica. But as you need to put zippers in the suit you can gain some more space at this point. Obviously better if the original dummy is bigger than you. Sculpt looking great and believe me it's a lot easier using a mannequin as trying to sculpt without one. Look forward to seeing more of this in progress. Great stuff.
Thanks heaps mate yeah I'm going to keep in mind the shrinkage part the dummy is a little bit bigger than me so it should work out more progress pics to come soon XD

Congrats on an extremely well sculpted piece. Hope the molding process works out well
thanks heaps again mate yeah i hope it does as well I have my dad and brother who are gonna help me out with it
and I've read and watched so many vids and got a lot of info on making molds from ultracal 30 and I got the release agent
for the clay and everything gonna take my time with it hope it comes out :p

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back