predator mask magnets

jasonx

Hi fellow lair members.I have a question that i hope someone can help with.My pred mask has magnets installed in the foam.how or what should i use on the bio to make it stay.have tried several magnets and other materials.the boi just does not stay on.any ideas would be helpful i mean any not just in magnet form.What do you guys use to attach you bios

The magnets that came with my mask/bio are large round nyodinum magnets, one in the bio and one in the forehead region of the mask. It's actually kinda to hard to pull the bio off sometimes :( The magnet is about 1 inch in diameter. What kind of magnets are you using right now? I'm not sure where you can buy these, but I'm sure some other members here can point you in the right direction :)

Pic (the one on the right):

Sintered-Neodymium-Magnet-Good-Quality.jpg

Sintered-Neodymium-Magnet-Good-Quality.jpg

the ones that AVPfan pointed out are perfect. You can find them on ebay if you search "rare earth magnets" hopefully that is what is inside the head as well. If the magnets in the head are week, then it really wont matter what you pair them with. If you need to re-install ..slice the foam with a razor ...work your finger into the hole until you hit the latex of the mask...separate some of the latex and the foam and slip a magnet with some flexible glue ( gorrilla, shoe goo, barge) under the skin of the mask. Find the corresponding magnets and mark where the would be placed on the bio. glue them down ..but use something more to re-enforce the bond (rim plumbers epoxy around the magnets for example) Also ..before attaching those magnets to the bio ..make sure the polarity is correct ..you'd hate to install them on the bio and watch as the mask and bio repel each other

When gluing the magnets in my new head I was thinking about having a bit of leather or similar between the latex and magnet to stop the edge of the magnet pulling through the latex, what do you guys think?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back