Predator mask help ?

lucretius

I want to make a predator mask preferably the one from the first movie but they're all pretty cool if anyone has or knows of any good pepakura files please let me know. I think the simplest way to do this is the fibreglass,car filler method. I would like to sculpt it and then make a mould but it'd be too expensive for me.

The hunters lair will have all your wants and help. Doing it yourself will take some time and money also. You might wanna check out some halfmasks since their cheaper with a good bio. Either way its an expensive hobby for sure.

The how-to section on the the hunters lair has numerous threads about methods of making a mask. There are threads that have Pep files of various bio helmets - which some come up very accurate. In regards to the undermask - I would buy a half mask.... save yourself the time and effort plus as sleepalot says they are cheaper in comparison to the full head masks with full facials, teeth and mandibles. Plus, sometimes, if you there at the right time, you can land a deal that gets you a half mask, bio, dreads and neck ring.

But as stated above, the hobby is expensive by any stretch - even on a budget. I have been building a predator costume for about 2 1/2 years and I started on a budget, buying bits here and there and I am still going. The only issue I have come across, is continuously changing bits to make them look better. I have now taken to sculpting - mouding - casting various bits including masks.

Thanks guys the hunters lair will definitely help. I definitely wont have enough right now to make the face underneath. just the mask looks pretty simple to do and i have enough epoxy and fibreglass left over from my iron man helmet to do it. yeah it is a expensive hoppy specially when you dont have a job and are still in high school. i want to eventually start sculpting things, it'll be far more satisfying than using someone elses pepakura file.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back