Predator Mask Contest Winner SCULPT

Tonkers D

Here it is. The mask that won as a result of members vote is now on its way to becoming a latex piece.

a9.jpg

I think I have kept everyone waiting long enough so now I am going to post the first progress pictures. This is about 40 pounds of Kleen Klay (hard) and I have just about finished roughing this beast out. Here are the pictures

coollekottensculpt018.jpg

coollekottensculpt020.jpg

coollekottensculpt022.jpg

coollekottensculpt023.jpg

thanks for looking and stay tuned!

a9.jpg

coollekottensculpt018.jpg

coollekottensculpt020.jpg

coollekottensculpt022.jpg

coollekottensculpt023.jpg

thanks for the comments Ill try to keep pictures coming every three days or so, so that hopefully this wont become boring. ha ha lol!

So here is the next update. This is about two hours or so of work since the last update. I have roughed out the forehead folds in these pics. I kept it pic heavy for all those who crave pictures so sorry if some of the pictures get a little redundant.

coollekottensculpt029.jpg

coollekottensculpt026.jpg

coollekottensculpt027.jpg

coollekottensculpt033.jpg

coollekottensculpt030.jpg

coollekottensculpt031.jpg

These two pictures are from the top and i included them so i could show how the forehead folds sort of overlap.

coollekottensculpt035.jpg

coollekottensculpt036.jpg

coollekottensculpt029.jpg

coollekottensculpt026.jpg

coollekottensculpt027.jpg

coollekottensculpt033.jpg

coollekottensculpt030.jpg

coollekottensculpt031.jpg

coollekottensculpt035.jpg

coollekottensculpt036.jpg

Looking good so far.....my ONLY critisism is the top of the head seems a bit bulgy.....in the drawing it appears to be flater...if you compare your forth photo from the top it is a similar angle to the drawing but you can see more of the right edge of the head compared to the sculpt.
Looking forward to the end result tho......keep it up.

I agree with skunk, I think the top needs to be flatter like the drawing. I've included a quick line to show where I think it should be.

Great work so far though! Looking forward to more!

coollekottensculpt030_crit.jpg

Dont think Derek need to flatten the head, but instead make the "dread holders" a bit higher up. But, I do not know if that will interfere with any bio, causing the bio to not fit or so... I have never done a sculpt so cant really tell. By the way, the drawing is just a sketch... so cant stick to it 100%.
But Im so happy you have done the forehead!

Ya i see what you guys mean about the head shape but that is partially due to the fact that i haven worked much on the crown of the head. As Kotten mentioned i was planning on raising the crown to a higher level to balance it out. Also in a pm to me kotten mention something about not making the head so steep so i did try to stick to a little more traditional predator head curve but i am still going to balance it out.

This is kinda a bad picture to show this because the sculpt is not perfectly sideways but a little turned making the slope more intense. Sitting here ten feet away from the sculpts I can honestly say that the slope doesn't look to bad. here are my intentions
fixedpred.jpg

But thanks for the concerns because i do want this to look ideal. Ill work on the top of the head and then we will see what needs changing.

Derek

fixedpred.jpg

P1 was more domed, while wolf had a pretty flat head. there are several variations. lookin good so far.
for a quick look check out Usurper's sig.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back