Predator Machete Camouflage?

Raven1973

So Im in the process of getting a screen accurate Predator machete (not the inaccurate mass produced versions) I am trying to source the correct woodland BDU style camouflage that is overlaid onto the leather lower leg sheath. It seems the camouflage pattern that was used, is more green, and the patterns are smaller than that of the then BDU woodland camouflage...More similar to Dutch's sleeveless shirt. Any ideas what it was from? I dont think the material was from a t-shirt, as it would have been too delicate and thin. Any help would be much appreciated guys. :)

Attachments

• arnie pred.png
    arnie pred.png
    899.5 KB · Views: 138
  • arnie pred 2.png
    arnie pred 2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 119
My guess is that it's the ERDL pattern, which is a pattern that pre-dates the M81 woodland camo and was used in Vietnam. I don't know if anyone sells bolts of ERDL printed fabric, but if you can't find the fabric itself, I did find a site selling t-shirts and other things in ERDL that can be cut up for the material.

My guess is that it's the ERDL pattern, which is a pattern that pre-dates the M81 woodland camo and was used in Vietnam. I don't know if anyone sells bolts of ERDL printed fabric, but if you can't find the fabric itself, I did find a site selling t-shirts and other things in ERDL that can be cut up for the material.

Thats great, thanks for the info, yes I found some US issued T-shirts that have a similar pattern, Im just wondering if thin cotton t-shirt material wont be strong enough.

You could always get some OD green material to use as a backing. Or, if you can find it for good price, look for repro US jungle fatigues in ERDL and cut it up for the sheath. Just don't do that to an actual vintage, issued jungle ERDL fatigues. I did find this though, the color way looks like ERDL but I don't know for certain if the pattern is ERDL or M81 woodland.

You could always get some OD green material to use as a backing. Or, if you can find it for good price, look for repro US jungle fatigues in ERDL and cut it up for the sheath. Just don't do that to an actual vintage, issued jungle ERDL fatigues. I did find this though, the color way looks like ERDL but I don't know for certain if the pattern is ERDL or M81 woodland.

Ive found a repro seller, just gotta work out what type of fabric to go with, looks like cotton maybe? No the screen used sheath had a leather face, and the camo material sewn on top of that I think mate. :)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back