Predator kits

Nymike23

Hi All
Hope I'm posting this in the right area.
Just got back into this hobby after a long time away and been using Fleebay for my searches of these great kits. Ive seen so many great models but i guess most of these thing are really limited in production and cost is well,WOW. Can any of you point me in the right direction for good Predator/Alien models that dont cost a arm and a leg. Ive seen all the crappy recasts on ebay and I dont want any of that junk( learned my lesson with a Batman). What happened to all the great makers of model figures ie. Geometric,horizion ect.
Any help would b great
Thanks again

BTW im glad I stumbled across this site its a wealth of info and look forward to chatting with you all.

There really are not affordable predator kits anymore. Most of the kits are made by overseas producers, in smaller quantities and higher quality, and they are just more expensive. And once they get on the secondary market, they will probably be even more expensive due to scarcity. If you are looking to more affordable kits, you are probably going to be limited to the older vinyl kits by Geo, Billiken and Argonauts, and such. Some of those are even pricey due to serious collectors, but the quality of those kits, even the authentic originals, are nothing compared to what is being produced today. That is probably why those companies are no longer around.

Ebay is the only likely place for affordable originals, they just don't turn up very often so you'll have to put the time in. Sometimes it will be an unfinished project but usually much cheaper than an untouched kit. Here is one in the UK:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Predator-Resin-model...=item27ba69aa9b
I already have it normal and clear and this was not recast so just a bit of work on the fingers and you have a great looking model approx 1/5 scale. The base is usually hard to get with it too, I recently bought from this seller and thought about buying the kit again as a quality spare. It's always worth asking people in other countries if they will post to you.

I got a geo predator forsale with the base for a good price. Ive sold off most of my predator kits. I also have a superedge Predator 1 kit forsale too. The geo I would take 80.00 the other 120.00 with are both alot less than I paid for them. The superedge is on ebay right now. I started them both but no paint just primer on one of them and the geo I started gluing it together. I dont think your gonna find real cheap kits especially predator that are originals. Since pretty much all of them are out of production.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back