Predator Invades ChinaJoy

Uratz

Sr Member
Quick Link:

Shanghai Nightmare Haunted House Press Con video:
Bone-Hunter Appears at Haunted House
I'm in the beginning of the video for like couple of seconds.

----------------------------------

Hi Everybody

I was at China Joy on July 31st 2010 (yesterday) the biggest Gaming Con ever which is held every year during the hottest summer time which is July/August.

This is my first time at a Con in A Suit and might as well be Predator which is my all time no 1 Favorite character.
The suit was hot I wore maybe 1 hour the most having waited 2 hours on line buying tickets in the hot sun, renting a van to pick my photographer (and new best friend Kim Jerbo
who took all the awesome pics you see here). The Con closes at 4:30pm which cut my time short having to cool down in the end, spending what ever time to
walk around to see the exhibits (Pretty Girls everywhere!)

My most important support was my wife who made sure my pants didn't fall down and "lose face" for the Yautja race.

There was one media/reporter chick that came to me to do quick interview unfortunately drenched in sweat, unable to hear all I was able to do was mime a "slash throat" gesture that
ended the 3 sec interview and her running away :p Any hoot I was there for some photo op for myself and see what other people's reaction were. I couldn't walk far without being stopped for photos. I did some posing. Kept me going. I brought all my accessories and end up leaving out the claymore bandolier, thigh armor and CarlArt's P1 Necklace o_O

Enjoy the Pics! - Leave comments please

More photos can be seen at my flickr ChinaJoy Predator page

Predator_at_ChinaJoy_01_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

Predator_at_China_Joy_02_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

The_Chicks_Dig_Predator_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

ChinaJoy_Crowd_for_Predator_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

Some_Suits_only_shot_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

Close_Ups_of_BoneHunter_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

The_Predators_Wife_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

Predatorade
Yeah - I am looking for a Gatorade sponsorship :p This whole month while working 10 hours a day on the suit in the
hot summer heat I drank Gatorade a lot. Sometimes water doesn't cut it anymore.

Gatorade Fuel for the Hunt!
Predatorade_Fuel_for_the_Hunt_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

This is the helmet I wore to ChinaJoy. It has LED's and 2 cpu mini fans. It was so hot it didn't make a difference. Next time I'll put 2 Turbines in there LOL
BoneHunter_Helmet_Black_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

Congrats mate, well done, suit looks awesome :p

Looks like you and everyone else had a blast. Its inspiring to see so many people wanting they're photo with the preds!!

o_O

Hell yeah! :p

And going along with the awesome sauce comments... That's not just covered in it, that was marinated overnight and basted! :p Bloody unreal mate! o_O

Wow, the pics looks awesome! It looks like you had a lot of fun there!
I love the first pic of you drinking Gatorade, its like youre saying "Yeaaaaaaaaaaah!!!! Gives you power!!!" Haha, great stuff!

Wow, the pics looks awesome! It looks like you had a lot of fun there!
I love the first pic of you drinking Gatorade, its like youre saying "Yeaaaaaaaaaaah!!!! Gives you power!!!" Haha, great stuff!

Yeah It was all worth the heat and sweat. Wearing the damn suit gave me a lot of insight into how to make it better and more comfortable

I'm gonna expand on this and hopefully next year I got a better suit to show off. Maybe even try the competition with animatronics!

Wow, Thanks for sharing the pics, I really enjoyed them. Your suit is wicked awesome, I love the detail and the skin looks really good, especially in that shot were you are being geared up for battle. And a battle it was lol, looks like you were meet by a sea of people and cameras, lol . The wife representing is cool too! I love seeing my lair sisters from around the world! :p
~Estelle

Wow, Mike!

I am floored by all of the detail in your suit. I really like the pattern work on the bodysuit. I think that everything looked fantastic together, and what ever technique you used for the armor and helmet; it looks real!

So, aside from the obvious sweating and fatigue - what was it like wearing your creation? We've all seen it from concept, to sculpt, to paint, to finished suit. I'm still blown away by all the designing and work that went into it.

And yes, I've noticed that the chicks do dig the Predator. :p

That's something to look forward to!

Wow, Mike!

I am floored by all of the detail in your suit. I really like the pattern work on the bodysuit. I think that everything looked fantastic together, and what ever technique you used for the armor and helmet; it looks real!

So, aside from the obvious sweating and fatigue - what was it like wearing your creation? We've all seen it from concept, to sculpt, to paint, to finished suit. I'm still blown away by all the designing and work that went into it.

And yes, I've noticed that the chicks do dig the Predator. o_O

That's something to look forward to!

It was Hot? :p
It gave me insight into what u guys felt like and also how to improve the suit and make it more comfortable.
Also how parts should go together. Its good that I wear the thing.

Now I can make better suits, more comfort with less weight, more flexibility and ease of putting all the armor parts together on the suit.
I am also going to rent a studio apartment where I can tackle bigger projects like making skins. I want to sculpt skins like the new Predators.
More reptilian scales.

Right on Mike!! After years of fallowing your builds, Ive been waiting for you to fully suit up and you did it right bro! Suit looks great ....welcome to the ranks of suiting up in public

Right on Mike!! After years of fallowing your builds, Ive been waiting for you to fully suit up and you did it right bro! Suit looks great ....welcome to the ranks of suiting up in public

Yeah Its time I cut the crap and dress up. Now I'm addicted and want to make better suits.
Now If only I can get my hands on Latex Foaming kits and a walk in Oven. :p

Ha... Well bro... I've got the kits and the oven, whenever you wanna make the trip to LA ....honestly...they are a pain in the ass...very sensitive stuff...one little mistake in the mix and it's back to the drawing board..and a good 3 hour cook time. Funny though...think I'm gonna do a foam skin this week of a demon we did...texture and design is very similar to a Beserker pred skin. Still really digging what you did with the resources available to you. Anything you try next will be nothing short of amazing, Im sure

Ha... Well bro... I've got the kits and the oven, whenever you wanna make the trip to LA ....honestly...they are a pain in the ass...very sensitive stuff...one little mistake in the mix and it's back to the drawing board..and a good 3 hour cook time. Funny though...think I'm gonna do a foam skin this week of a demon we did...texture and design is very similar to a Beserker pred skin. Still really digging what you did with the resources available to you. Anything you try next will be nothing short of amazing, Im sure

I'm sure it ain't easy to do what you guys do. I really get a sense of scale of what level I am at and what it takes to do the stuff u guys do professionally.
Kudos to you man. I hope I can make it out there - I would love to be an "intern" at your studio. It be great to learn the real trade.

U may get a call from me someday - hopefully soon! :p

Trust me...if I could build an army of Lair members working in LA, we would rule the practcle effects market ...hmmm? Ideas ..they are a brewing

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back