Predator in paradise - pic update 6/15/2010

NEMES1S

Hello all! Phil here from Hawaii. Although Ive been posting already, Im still relatively new on the boards. This is my first pred suit: its a Mander P1 suit, Bambooie dreads and rings, and Biohunter bio with LEDs. I didnt post any pics of the 'arsenal' yet.

Fooking awesome pics right there I tell ya! Love your spot pattern...those small spots are killer and take patience but pay off in the end. I also like the color and shading on your head...the subtle brown shading looks great! Thanks for sharing

Thanks guys! My initial plan was to airbrush the suit, but due to technical difficulties, I chucked it and went for the brush instead. The spots are taking FOREVER, but in my case, I have better control of the paint than I would if I airbrushed the spots. I forgot to mention that on the last 2 pics, none of the smaller parts of the suit are attached or glued on yet - I just positioned them on the floor to get an idea what all it all looks like. Im probably 50% completed. Hopefully when Im done I can take advantage of the island scenery here and take some great pics!!!

I know that airbrushing makes the color on the suit more 'organic' and real, but Ive seen some busts and masks here that had spots with clean sharp edges that I liked. I figured, well the new film doesn't come out till June, and Halloween isn't till October - so I got some time. We have a Con in about 2 months, but it kinda sucks. Btw, I have a friend here on Hawaii who is also doing a Wolf paintup (his 3rd suit actually) that Im gonna try to convince to start posting again on the boards (hes' been a inactive member for a while now).

Seriously ..I've only seen one all hand painted full P1 suit before. Used to think it was amazing ..yours is blowing it away. Besides the obvious spots, the color blending in the skin tones is done very well

ptgreek, I guess im a masochist haha... thanks so much for the kind words... Btw whose suit would that be thats hand-painted? I actually heldoff from posting my paintup earlier because I was worried what the rest of the Lair would think and say about me hand-painting and not airbrushing my suit... Yeah, I know it sounds ridiculous, but this is my first Pred suit. Ive done other paintups before (Star Wars, armor, weaponry, props, etc...) but nothing like this, so I figured the veterans here know best, and that my approach was sacrelige...

knuckledragger, thanks cuz. Nevah thought Id run into a local here. Take it E-Z bu.

the one I was referring to was an older member named Mike (Dragnfyre4 on the lair) you can see his hand painted DB P1 suit on the completed suit thread ...probably about two thirds down the list. Now keep painting..haha ..I wanna see this badboy done!

First of all I want to thank Bryan (Predator666...) for reminding me to post up more pics . I took a break from my P1 suit because I was burnt-out from working on it everyday for the first two months. The new movie is comin up so I gotta go at it full steam ahead....

I still need to: add netting, add lasers and LEDs, glue the dreds and teeth, more painting, and more (sigh) spots... :)
Im a couple steps closer to completion, and just a fewer steps closer to a bad case on Tendonitis... :eek:

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back