Predator Hybrid Begins

seviz

EDIT A quick animated gif to show the process so far

I started my P1 costume this past month. I am going for P1 but I am not worried about having an authentic costume. Something based on it is good enough for me. I am getting piece by piece and working on one main component at a time. Being the head is the most important I started there. I purchased a DB P1 from biohunter a while back. Then I ordered some bambooie dreads and purchased an airbrush. I scoured the lair for all info I needed and today got started on painting. I hear this a lot on this board but add me to it. I have never airbrushed before in any way shape or form. I purchased an iwata eclipse. The first thing I did just to get used to the feel was painted the neckring solid black. Next I started painting my mask. I followed predatorhunters tutorial on here as close as I could. It helped alot! Thank you sir!

Here are my progress pics and where I am now. I am not done yet. I still have more black to do and blending. Not 100% on the spots yet. But I can already see what I want to fix so should be done tomorrow. Also need to add the teeth and get all that situated. I am THRILLED with the outcome of the painting. I am proud of myself for using the airbrush for the first real time and it coming out good. Next up will be adding the dreads that are sitting in a box right now. :)

Playing with starting shading. It looks greenish but its a yellowy beige.

Orange starts

Brown over the orange now.

More to come tomorrow. Hopefully final pic of painting mask. Then during the week I can install the dreads. Woo!

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided he felt too orange for my taste so when I redid the forehead I also redid the coloration to more of a brown. I like it way more. You can really see the difference here as around the eyes and down still had the orange hue and above is where I repainted. Gonna repaint the rest to match tomorrow. I felt the original was too orangey.

And a close up of the new forehead.

Gonna finish the painting for sure this week and permawet on Friday. Then next week I can add the dreads!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. This sucks though because painting this has given me a big itch! I want to paint and paint some more! I have to start looking for a good deal on skins and such to get more parts since the head is almost done.

What do you all use to fill in any gaps in your mask? Where my mandibles attach they are not 100% flush and it leaves a gap. Can I use something like zap a gap?

Here is what I am talking about:

space.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back