Predator Growling Noise

xXPL4YFTWXxMLM

I've been told many ways to do it, but I'm looking for the easiest way to do the Predator Growling sound without Having to Gargle saliva. If you guys could give me a Step by Step Tutorial on how to do it. It would be really appreciated by My friends and I. THANKS!

Now by which growling noise do you mean? The lion like roars from the AVP preds? A specific growl? Or are you talking about the Iconic KPH Arnie showdown at the end of P1 when he un-masks? A specific one would help, because I know talented vocal artists that can mimic damn near anything, but some of thoise noises just simply aren't possible.

I Mean the snarl that he does. You know the snarl or clicking sound I guess you could say. There is a video on youtube that is good but he doesn't really get down to the details. Type in "Making the Predator Noise" On youtube and you will see what I mean.

I would say practice practice practice sit down on your computer with some headphones and listen to a pred doing his thing a million times if you have to and practice it
other wise if you can mimic it to your liking get a speaker under your pred mask and put a growl through it good luck with whatever you do XD

I would say practice practice practice sit down on your computer with some headphones and listen to a pred doing his thing a million times if you have to and practice it
other wise if you can mimic it to your liking get a speaker under your pred mask and put a growl through it good luck with whatever you do XD
I can do it but Not the correct way. I sort of half ass it and use my tongue on the right of the roof of my mouth and snap it. But I can only do that for about 3/4 of a second and it's really sloppy which is why I need to know the correct way. Like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leOTwb5SN7E

I would say the best way to do the clicking is to almost imitate a cat purring & then slowly raise open parts of your throat & mouth to raise the pitch & you'll start the clicking. As for some of the more extreme noises like screams, they do get loud & are possible, but alot of them are modulated recordings & some are out-right animal noises like Bear & Lion roars. Just try try & try again, you'll get it.

Well, the way that I found is easiest is that you roll your tongue up at the back at the back of your throat and force air out. I know that may not make sense to you at all, but I will try to get a voice recording later or tomorrow morning. As for the roar, I can't do that but it sounds like a mixture of a tiger and a couple other animals. I believe the original roar from the unmasking scene in P1 was made by a vocal artist.

That's good, but I am looking for something that's SUPER EASY to explain and Super easy to understand and SUPER easy to do. I am not and Experienced Vocalist (As you can tell) so please help!!

There are some things in the world that are just not SUPER easy to do or SUPER easy to explain, although the guy in the youtube video does a good job explaining it. I was making a decent clicking sound within minutes of watching it. If you want super easy, download an mp3 and just play it.

What he meant was to use the Mp3 to try to play along to, not to use it as a substitute. There's no easy way to explain the clicking, the only thing you're going to have to do is just keep trying.

listen to horse shoe crabs im a beat boxer workin on this sound plus the laugh to intro a beat box battle. But like a lot of sounds they are mastered from the throat not the mouth.

Pretend to snore, and widen/shrink your throat to vary it. I can actually do it fairly easily by inhaling, rather than releasing air. I can also do it by releasing air, but you do need some saliva in the back upper-area of your throat to pull it off. The sound is much mroe realistic this way, though.

This is a pretty awesome thread. I've alwyas wondered how other people try and imitate that sound. That guy says he has a dry throat but I found it easier to do it with a wet throat and kinda pushing my tongue to the back forcing the air thru a tiny pocket between the roof of my mouth and my tongue. It doesn't always work tho haha... I'd really like to get this and be able to do it loud enough for people to catch thru my bio. It would really work well!

This is a pretty awesome thread. I've alwyas wondered how other people try and imitate that sound. That guy says he has a dry throat but I found it easier to do it with a wet throat and kinda pushing my tongue to the back forcing the air thru a tiny pocket between the roof of my mouth and my tongue. It doesn't always work tho haha... I'd really like to get this and be able to do it loud enough for people to catch thru my bio. It would really work well!

I'm in the same boat as you, but starting this morning I'm practicing on my commute to and from work. I'll get this, damn it

I just sorta got it. Like what I do is I Snore but I do it while exhaling and I get this Vibration in my throat and move the feeling to the right side of my mouth and VOILA! But it sounds like a cat purring sorta lol

I'm actually very good at doing this. I first noticed that the clicks sounded like a snore with out all the extra noise. Practice just making a snoring sound and slow it down. Eventually you'll start hearing the clicks and less breathing. After you get a clear set of clicks start practicing making different notes by adjusting your tongue and opening or closing your mouth like whistleing or speaking. You'll eventually find the noise the predator uses to breathe in and then out. I don't have a vid of me doing it, but perhaps I should. I've always been complimented on my ability to make the noise.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back