Predator Feet Customs Update 14/08/2012 Feet Painted

Hey Jason. You planning on moulding these as complete feet with soles or an overshoes type thingy wotsit?

Patience you must have my padawan or spoil surprise you shall ..... :p

Update - moulded the LEFT foot with step by step.

Now, I am no expert at moulding and this one is unknown territory for sure but I had a go and this is what I got....

First Lacquer cover

IMAG1046.jpg

WED clay divider wall with mould keys (2nd pic)

IMAG1047.jpg

IMAG1048.jpg

Plaster added - Used Basic Alpha Plaster

IMAG1049.jpg

hour later base of the foot plaster added

IMAG1050.jpg

Lil while after that - mould opened and clay removed

IMAG1051.jpg

Size tester with the shoe straight from my foot!

IMAG1052.jpg

IMAG1053.jpg

Casting from the mould will be a complete foot with 'seem-line' around the base of the foot.

Unfortunetly, I will not be able to update on the right foot mould just yet.... I miss calculate the amount of plaster when I ordered so I need to order more rather than take the risk with the amount I have left and end up with either the mould cracking or mould breaking easily.

Let me know what you guys think

@ gene, thanks bud. Went out of my deprh on this but it was a great learning curve. I would recommend anyone wanting to make feet this way to have a go its a huge learning curve with great results. Looking forward to the first pull.

@ tony, right on the money the casts will have under soles this way people can add the necessary lifts that they need/want easily without having to cut up the castings to get the lifts in. Also will hold the the shape of the feet better when in use.

Ps- do or do not, there is no try. Lol

Update....

Finally got the right foot molded yesterday and managed to get all the clay out in practically one large piece. All details came out perfect, few lil areas to sort but nothing a little bit of water/plaster can't fix.

Hoping to start casting by end of the week.

H looks awesome you said the seam line will be around the base of the foot. Which part exactly if you don't mind me asking, i'm readin and observing everyones projects and trying to learn how to do it so i can make my own one day.

No probs, the seamline will be around 1 inch above the bottom part where the 'sole' area meets the foot. This way the seamline will be out of view from above and also avoids having seams down the sides of the feet.

J awesome mate, put me down for a pair of size 10's and a pair of size 5's :)

Looking forward to seeing the result

Great work

Long over due update.

I have both pulls out of the moulds, came out quick well but could only find the pictures of the first pull (which was the left foot). I got caught up with a few bits and starting my p1 open mouth sculpt and working on a secret project..... shhhh.... that forgot to update this thread lol

I have also working on the 'soles' for these which I will update once I have both feet done - need more superglue lol - and then it will be on to painting

IMAG1079.jpg

IMAG1082.jpg

IMAG1081.jpg

I am also going to look into adding in upholstery foam to hold the foot in place and have more control in movement.

Thanks for looking

Looking great! They came out looking perfect Have you tried casting the bottoms with urethane rubber, and latex? Going to give this a try next week

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back