Predator (Extended Cut) Blu-ray!!!!?

Rolo1138

Just found out that there is pre-orders up for Predator extended edition bluray in Canada! To be released Jun 29th....
Still unclear if the video transfer will be the same OR re-mastered??? And details are still sketchy as to the extras/ how much extra footage is/was added! ALSO, unclear at this time, whether or not it will be region free or not?
Anyone out there know how much footage was taken out of the theatrical release, and what scenes they were?
Thanks!

Link: Predator Extended Bluray

The cover for the Japanese re-issue looks badass (IMO):

fox01-1.jpg

fox01-1.jpg

Some thing to keep an eye on. Probly going to incorporating all of the special features that were on the CE Predator edition. I like the cover Art....

yeh heard about this a couple of weeks back, no mention of any speciall features as of yet but i hope it does have, we need some behind the scenes P1 stuff!

Hope it delivers. Sure would love to see some extra Pred scenes not to mention some behind the scenes footage with KPH.

Hope it delivers. Sure would love to see some extra Pred scenes not to mention some behind the scenes footage with KPH.

I’m right with you..What more could one ask for..Heck! For this ^^I may go out and get a blue-ray player!!!
~Estelle

These are (I THINK) the specs for the Blu.... BUT it is still unclear if the video has been re-mastered or not!!!! :)

Predator Ultimate Edition (Blu-Ray)

Disc 1: The Film (Blu-Ray Disc)
Tech Specifications:
-1080p Resolution
-Anamorphic 1.85:1 Widescreen
-English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
-English 4.0 Dolby Digital
-French 2.0 Dolby Stereo
-Spanish 1.0 Mono
-Optional English, Cantonese, French, Korean, and Spanish Subtitles
Special Features:
-Audio Commentary with John McTiernan
-Audio Commentary with Arnold Schwarzenegger
-Text Commentary with Eric Lichtenfeld (Includes interviews from Richard L. Anderson, David Stone, Craig Baxley, Jackie Burch, Al Di Sarro, Mark Helfrich, Joel Hynek, John F. Link, Donald McAlpine, Jim Thomas, and John Thomas)
-Trivia Track
-If It Bleeds, We Kill It: The Making Of Predator
-"Inside The Predator" featurettes
-Predator Special Effects Footage
-John McTiernan On Learning Film
-Jesse's Ultimate Goal
-Deleted Scene
-Outtakes
-Predator File
-Theatrical Trailers and TV Spots
-Photo and Still Galleries
-Predators Sneak Peek
-Predators Theatrical Trailer
-Trailer for the Alien Quadrilogy on Blu-Ray
-EASTER EGG: Stan Winston: Practical Joker
-EASTER EGG: Don't Drink The Water"
-D-Box Enabled

Disc 2: The Film (DVD Copy)
-Tech Specifications:
-Anamorphic 1.85:1 Widescreen
-English 5.1 DTS
-English 5.1 Dolby Digital
-French 2.0 Dolby Stereo
-Spanish 2.0 Dolby Stereo
-Optional English and Spanish Subtitles
Special Features:
-Audio Commentary with John McTiernan
-Text Commentary with Eric Lichtenfeld (Includes interviews from Richard L. Anderson, David Stone, Craig Baxley, Jackie Burch, Al Di Sarro, Mark Helfrich, Joel Hynek, John F. Link, Donald McAlpine, Jim Thomas, and John Thomas)
-Alien vs. Predator: Inside Look featurette
-Alien vs. Predator Teaser Trailer
-I, Robot: Inside Look featurette

Disc 3: Digital Copy

I really hope they put a lot of the unused footage or stuff in the vault as they like to call it. I really perfer the Japanese cover over the US. I hope it is a winner!

Hahaha... a freakin' toy on the cover!! I really like the Japanese cover- I think it looks fierce!!!

I agree, the US cover looks tacky imo, too plasticy... erm, because it is :)

Anyway, i really hope this has an improved transfer over the original release!

Anyway, i really hope this has an improved transfer over the original release!

Couldn't agree more, that's why I will choose to wait till Aug 2nd to see if the UK Version will be remastered or not!
Dunno why they chose Aug., but their version says it's: "Re-Authored"!! Time will tell I guess....?

Dvd - VS.- 1st Bluray release pic comparison:

DVD vs. Bluray

Figures... I just bought the Predator Blu-Ray two weeks ago.
i knew there was a reason to wait on that.... sorry bud :)

as for a toy on the cover... that's a little strange, REALLY strange actually. oh well they used mcfarlanes celtic for one of the paperback books covers, oh well, i can deal, it's not like i'm gonna just sit there and stare at the cover for two hours :popcorn:

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back