PREDATOR DREADS??????

Ok, I'll bite. They don't appear to do anything other than just be Hair. Predator: Concrete Jungle made mention of them being inserted into their Skull as a rite of passage for youngsters, but this has never shown up in anything else I've seen - Comics might say more on the subject.

But no it dosen't make them Fly or give them Powers, it's just hair.

Yes, they're sense organs like a cats whiskers. They respond to air pressure and help the pred to sense his preys movements.

I also heard that Stan had made mention of the dreads being used as a type of
“defense” mechanism for the Predator as well; in that with a quick turn of the head it could give a rival- which I would suspect would be another Predator- a nasty slap in the face, especially when weighted with the dread rings. It was also mentioned that they serve as an erogenous zone too.
~Estelle

That's my take on it..I'm sure the pred would enjoy it depending on who's doing the stroking... I don't think Just anyone could stroke a preds dreads and the pred like it
~Estelle

You're all wrong. Everybody knows that Stan Winston simply wanted to help out a friend whose backer rod business was about to go broke. He assumed (and correctly so), that nearly 20 yrs after the making of the movie, a bunch of nerds would obsess over this, and they'd need backer rod to get their quick fix. It was a long term investment in the backer rod industry. Needless to say, he pulled it off.

You're all wrong. They are actually penises. All of them. Lots of penises. Pred penises. And somewhere there is a female Pred with 50 vaginas. True story.

OK I LIED Alright? They do give him Super Powers... The power to shoot lasers, fly & become Invincible. It's my understanding they also act as the secret antennae that belong on the iPhone 4G.

They also make for a very tasty delicacy as I understand.. like Escargo't!

Yes, they're sense organs like a cats whiskers. They respond to air pressure and help the pred to sense his preys movements.
Ah, the good old comicbook/novel answer :)

I recon they're quite the opposite, much like a Lion's manes, they offer a buffer for fights.

Who would have guessed Jason would take it there!

:)
well,if you get to see him on sticam you would understand LOL
you need to join us one of this days Lee,it's so much fun to shoot the breeze and act the fool on camera. Gene is another funny dude. you have got to see his special sculpts when he is on stickam :) .

Ah, the good old comicbook/novel answer :)

I recon they're quite the opposite, much like a Lion's manes, they offer a buffer for fights.
Also, they fluff up like a cats tail when they fight. So all you folks with really stiff dreads that stick out, it's OK. You just have a representation of a pred about to get into a fight. :)

well,if you get to see him on sticam you would understand LOL
you need to join us one of this days Lee,it's so much fun to shoot the breeze and act the fool on camera. Gene is another funny dude. you have got to see his special sculpts when he is on stickam :D .

Dude Ronin. I have seen those sculpts THEY CAN'T BE UNSEEN :) :) I would rather stare into my 100mW green lab laser! :D :)

Lovin' this thread.

On a more-serious note, it's just hair. You can throw in dread beads and rings for ritual purposes and to show off who the big kahuna is in the clan, but that's about as far as their use goes.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back