Predator dreads for 7inch figure

Sorrow

Hi there I started customising neca predator figs and the McFarland ones I make bios but don't know what's the best material to do the dreads. I tried using milliput their easy to mold but breaks easily when cured. Any suggestions?

I think some black wires are the best option...

like these:
Stereo-to-computer-wire.jpg

or these:
SATA_POWER_CABLE.jpg

just cut the size you want, then make some deco on the middle and the end

Hi there I started customising neca predator figs and the McFarland ones I make bios but don't know what's the best material to do the dreads. I tried using milliput their easy to mold but breaks easily when cured. Any suggestions?

It really depends on what kind of figures you're making.

The materials posted above are... well.... okay I guess? But they're not really good for Pred hair because there's no good way to taper the ends of them really.

What does work great for hair like a Predhead's is if you go get some Super Sculpey III; either the eraser kind or the bendy kind.

You can find those usually in multicolored packs at your local Michaels.

They are easy to mold, and retain flexability after you bake them to the proper hardness. The only problem with using this compound as a method is that it can break if you bend the dreds too much. On the by enlarge though this is a good way to go; I used it to make the hair for my Marvel Legends Tyrant custom some years back, it's at the very least great for display purposes.

Thank you very much I appreciate all your suggestions. Never taught of using them better start finding some. By the way Does anyone know if aves apoxie sculpt is bendable when cured?

Thank you very much I appreciate all your suggestions. Never taught of using them better start finding some. By the way Does anyone know if aves apoxie sculpt is bendable when cured?

it's not, after it hardens, it's rock hard.

Sculpey flex is your best bet or eraser sculpey... they do the same thing pretty much.

I got two suggestions, first , use backer rod, they make it 1/4 inch thick but second , I try someone here who sells quills!!! I bought some from somebody here and they were at least 2 to 3 inches and already tapered!!!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back