Predator Deal Gone Bad .... BIG UPDATE PIC HEAVEY

Supa troop

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
As a long standing member here i feel its my duty to tell a tale of a deal gone bad, the staff on the Lair are aware of the situation and have been great in their support. I feel its only right that i post here also as i know the person who my deal has gone bad with is selling here and offering commissions too, so please proceed with caution .......

Im just going to post my thread here that i posted on the Lair, the staff there as i have mentioned have been great and are in reciept of some the conversations i have been having with the seller.

Im expecting a bit of a backlash from this ie a loss off nearly £580 but in hidsight if saves everyone else from losing out or getting ripped off then thats a minor price to pay.

It pains me to have to do this, it really does but ive just had enough now of lies, excuses and blatant attempts to make me feel bad with tales of Hunger amd povety living.

During the run up to christmas my misses asked was there anything particular id like for christmas as an extra present, id been browsing here and came across a really good thread of someone offereing Predator Masks Finished and ready to wear.

Id always wanted a Predator Head to display, the ultimate being a 1:1 Bust but anyway i thought the head would be a cool start.

So the misses agreed she could afford an extra gift for me and i made contact with the BWEAPON (PAUL) , i told him it was a gift for me from the Misses and i was assured the Head would be with me well in advance of Christmas, So the Misses Paid in Full + a little extra for a Finished head all painted and foam filled ready to display.

I then set about getting the extra Bits i needed to finish the mask off to make a Full Predator head, Quills, glass eyes Dredds and Dredd beads.

As Christmas was drawing closer i began to wonder where the Mask was as i had not heard anything since placing the order and paying in full so i contacted the seller and asked were their any updates, after a few days he contacted me saying there was a problem and he was very sorry but the mask wouldn't be ready until the new Year roughly second week in.

I thought ok i can live with that no worries so was happy to wait. I then had the idea of buying in a Male torso hoping i could paint it up and perhaps mount the Head once it was all complete, so i posted here asking a question about the Male Torso.

The seller of the mask saw this post and Contacted saying he could help with the torso if i were to help him in return.

He is just starting out in the Prop Making industry and wanted to build up an impressive Portfolio to show people his work and wanted to use my Mask as a base for a nice display piece, so he could take pictures for his porfolio.
Intriqued by this i asked what he had in mind, the seller said that if i were to send him the Torso and all the other Pieces to make a complete head he would construct a 1;1 bust (basically my dream display) at no extra cost and by way of an apology for missing the Christmas deadline.
I asked how long this would take and if he could quarantee me that it would be done For My Birthday which was March then, yes i would go for that.
I had a message in January stating the Mask was all finished apart from the beads and quills and he was now constructiing a new new torso as the one i sent he felt was too small, however we were still on schedual for a march completion date.

Every couple of weeks id send a message or txt asking if everything was ok and always made the point of saying how appreciative i was of his gesture and always offered extra payments, sometimes i would get a reply but more often than not id get no replies at all.

With a week to go before my birthday, with no major updates or photos of works in progress i sent a txt asking if the bust would be ready, i got a reply saying unfortunately due to bad weather, money problems and no materials he had to put a halt on the work but was due to recommence shortly and could he have more time.
Dissappointed by this i was in 2 minds wether to halt the deal and ask for everything back or give him the benefit of the doubt.

After a few txts back and forth it was agreed i gave him more time and another completion date was set, that came and went and yet more time was agreed until Today .................. ive now had enough and asked for everything back By this Friday.

There has been nothing but excuse after excuse and although very greatful for the gesture of a Bust i just want what my misses paid for and the extra £350 worth of materials i sent.

The truth basically has finally come out, it turns out this guy takes on commissions but then has to sell other products to fund those commissions, so unless he sells he cannot afford to finish other work and projects.

I have basically been waiting for an item that was never going to arrive on the specified or agreed dates, if at all, until this guys had sold enough raw masks to buy the materials needed to finish my mask, and other projects

Ive had every excuse thrown at me from Bad Weather, to living on the bread line, he begged me not to tell anyone of this bad experience because it would harm his reputation and cause mis trust amoungst other potential buyers ............... but what am i to do, surely everyone has there breaking point and mine has come

5 months is surely Long enough but to find out the guy making something for you has got no money to even buy the materials he needs is surely taking the **** !!!!!!

Last edited:
Re: Predator Deal Gone Bad ....

It saddens me very much to hear this Simon :(

Does he live in the UK ?

If he does, and he hasn't given you what he owes you by this Friday as the limit you set .... road trip, with a small pit-stop at the local copper's depot and file a report.

If you've reached your limit, don't extend any more as it will most probably not get any better, just more procrastination.

Stamp your foot down hard.

You could also file a charge-back through your card for what you paid. Still, he would also owe you what you sent him, and you can't charge-back that. So if he doesn't return your stuff by when you want, see post above.

Sorry to sound so harsh, but I totally understand what you mean by reaching the limit. Personally, once it snaps, it snaps and its ton of bricks time.

That's the only way to deal with people like this.

You've been more than generous with this guy, it's time to look into getting your cash back and making sure he doesn't do it again.

You could also file a charge-back through your card for what you paid. Still, he would also owe you what you sent him, and you can't charge-back that. So if he doesn't return your stuff by when you want, see post above.

Sorry to sound so harsh, but I totally understand what you mean by reaching the limit. Personally, once it snaps, it snaps and its ton of bricks time.

That's the only way to deal with people like this.

Thanks Al :thumbsup

Sometimes even the most coy of us get sucked into a deal that just sounds to good to be true, on this occassion it was me :)

What makes me feel bad is Frosty (Ian) offered to do a bust for me too but i chose to go with someone who is just starting out, so yet another valuable lesson learned, go with who you know best

Thanks for the heads up. I was in a very similar situation with a large group of others on a different forum. Took 4 years for items and refunds to be sent after countless emails with many others still waiting.
It came to the point of demanding a refund or taking the matter further.
Good luck!

You have done the right thing Simon, remember this, this is YOUR money the guy is playing, the money YOU work hard to earn, period.
Id have to agree though, if he is UK based, it would be all too tempting to just visit and let him know your not going away.

lee

The truth basically has finally come out, it turns out this guy takes on commissions but then has to sell other products to fund those commissions, so unless he sells he cannot afford to finish other work and projects.
Absolutely the worst way to do business as he'll dig himself deeper and deeper into dept from the get-go. Fastest way to bury yourself.

Sorry to hear this happening.

This really sucks, and I feel for you Simon. Even worse is that you chose him over someone else because you were trying to give a new prop builder a chance. What sucks too is that this guy was just starting out and experiences like this will sour people from ever going with someone attempting to get into replica prop fabrication and some really great talent might go utilized if to many bad experiences like this happen.

Absolutely the worst way to do business as he'll dig himself deeper and deeper into dept from the get-go. Fastest way to bury yourself.Sorry to hear this happening.
I'll second that! Poverty, weather, lack of materials...its all BS in the end. Consider your self lucky...you learned your lesson.

Sorry to read about this Supa Troop, I've got an idea how you feel.

I've been waiting over a year now for props that just aren't coming. I stuck with the lad when others pulled out (and got their refunds) and now he doesn't answer PM's on two different forums or emails he's also stopped posting and signing into his profile. Figure my moneys gone baby gone. :(

It just sucks how you figure you'll give someone who seems to have a good rep support and then you get screwed. SCREWED! And Mr juliet76 doesn't like been screwed by anyone except Mrs Juliet76.

hey man - I know we dis-agree abt somethings; but this sucks man
wouldnt wish it on anyone

Nate

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back